Can you remember everyone who has made the news during the past year? Neither can I. As a result, when we get input each December about who should be “Mormon of the Year,” there is, I think, a bias towards recent events. If a Mormon showed up in the news during the last quarter of the year, that person is remembered. But if the person made the news only during the first quarter, no one remembers them. So what should we do? Read more »
- The Three NeophytesWhat is Mormon Doctrine?
- Clark Goble: Yeah, technically deification is a Christian doctrine although not one most...
- Maggie: Thanks for those thoughts, Clark. #4 seems to be the big one for my husband, and I...
- Clark Goble: The main doctrines that we differ on from traditional conservative...
- Julie M. Smith: Christian, thanks for your comment.
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites October 9, 2015 October 9, 2015
- Mormonism in Pictures: Reflections of General Conference Fall 2015 October 9, 2015
- New Presiding Bishopric Announced October 9, 2015
- Church Recognized for Saving Electricity and Protecting the Environment October 8, 2015
- Leadership Changes in Presidency of the Seventy Announced October 6, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | October 5, 2015 October 5, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ gay ’
This week, the Rochester Stake in New York is sponsoring a special performance of Carol Lynn Pearson’s Facing East, to be followed by a fireside featuring a discussion led by the Rochester Stake President. Notably, the performance is being directed by Jerry Argetsinger, who was the long-time director of the Hill Cumorah Pageant throughout the 90s, and costume design is being handled by Gail Argetsinger, a Tony award-winning costume designer who designed and supervised the construction of thousands of pageant costumes during the 90s. For those unfamiliar with Facing East, it is the story of a Mormon couple who... Read more »