The final lesson for the Book of Mormon Gospel Doctrine class covers Moroni 7-10, the final Book of Mormon prophet’s closing advice to readers, including teachings about faith, hope and charity, the conditions of salvation, spiritual gifts, the role of the Holy Ghost, and how to judge between good and evil. The motivation for this latter counsel is somewhat captured in this poem, which looks at the extremes to which our friends can sometimes push us, and the feeling of being lost or torn between opposites that can happen if we try to follow their advice. Read more »
- Book Review: The Crucible of Doubt
- EFF: Carrie, I for one believe you owe no one an apology. You were candid, honest and open...
- Julie M. Smith: Carrie, I wish I could give you a hug. I do think you should read the...
- Carrie: Julie – I am a happy 50 year old. I don’t know if I fit your...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 28 August 2014 August 28, 2014
- Fort Lauderdale Temple Named Best Cultural/Worship Project by Top Southeast Contractors August 27, 2014
- Ground Broken for Meridian Idaho Temple August 23, 2014
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 23 August August 23, 2014
- Apostle Calls for Uplifting Social Media Messages to Sweep the Earth August 19, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: What Do Mormon Teens Do? August 14, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ friends ’
I love the interactive nature of blogging. I had planned to close this series with a post neatly tying everything together, but all of your contributions have challenged my premises and preconceptions to the point that I can't do it. I started this series with some really good ideas, as well as some very naive ones. In a year or so, as I've been able to sort between the two, perhaps I'll come back with a follow-up series. In the meantime, let me close this series by touching on friendship. Read more »