While ‘strengthening the family’ might seem like code for a political position these days (please, no politics on this post), lesson 4 in the Joseph Fielding Smith lesson manual seems to boil the idea down to the ways in which we live together. The lesson says stronger families come from “spending time together, loving each other, and living the gospel together.” In most of our poetry, this is something assumed—background to another message the poet is trying to communicate. So in the following poem the ideas behind strengthening the family are part of another message, celebrating those who have... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Planting the Seed: Theological Works by LDS Women
- Rachel Woodhouse: I agree with Joanne on the name of the database, please don’t put...
- your food allergy is fake: #54 “. . but that does not mean they are the same, nor...
- Joseph M: Depending on How you count Elder Renlund between 16 and 20% of the top...
Notes From All Over
- Elder Sitati Addresses Race, Self-Reliance and Church Growth in Africa October 12, 2015
- New Presiding Bishopric Announced October 9, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites October 9, 2015 October 9, 2015
- Mormonism in Pictures: Reflections of General Conference Fall 2015 October 9, 2015
- Church Recognized for Saving Electricity and Protecting the Environment October 8, 2015
- Leadership Changes in Presidency of the Seventy Announced October 6, 2015