While ‘strengthening the family’ might seem like code for a political position these days (please, no politics on this post), lesson 4 in the Joseph Fielding Smith lesson manual seems to boil the idea down to the ways in which we live together. The lesson says stronger families come from “spending time together, loving each other, and living the gospel together.” In most of our poetry, this is something assumed—background to another message the poet is trying to communicate. So in the following poem the ideas behind strengthening the family are part of another message, celebrating those who have... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Review: For the Cause of Righteousness: A Global History of Blacks and Mormonism, 1830-2013
- Russell: Jack: For my part, it’s more representative of my personal writing DNA. I...
- Dave: Jack P — there was commentary/criticism in the narrower sense introducing and...
- Jack P: Dave: can a book that has “almost no commentary or criticism from the...
- Julie M. Smith: Thanks, stephenchardy
- stephenchardy: Every week I enjoy having my world turned upside-down a bit with Julie...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Practice 100 Years of Family Home Evening April 21, 2015
- Payson Utah Temple Opens Doors to the Public April 21, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites April 20, 2015 April 20, 2015
- New Mormon Institute of Religion Building Dedicated on Arizona Campus April 20, 2015
- Public Invited to Tour Córdoba Argentina Temple April 14, 2015
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | April 14, 2015 April 14, 2015