While ‘strengthening the family’ might seem like code for a political position these days (please, no politics on this post), lesson 4 in the Joseph Fielding Smith lesson manual seems to boil the idea down to the ways in which we live together. The lesson says stronger families come from “spending time together, loving each other, and living the gospel together.” In most of our poetry, this is something assumed—background to another message the poet is trying to communicate. So in the following poem the ideas behind strengthening the family are part of another message, celebrating those who have... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Taking Control of Your Gospel Doctrine Class… Because You’re the Teacher
- J Town: I agree that not enough people read to prepare for lessons. To my shame, I’m...
- Steve Smith: If only all OT teachers were Ben S. While the OT is a fascinating book to...
- Kevin Winters: The issue is not “talking politics”, but how we talk politics....
- Jared vdH: One question I would like to see explored in a Church setting: do we as Mormons...
Notes From All Over
- Two Temples Scheduled for Renovation in Germany and Idaho December 16, 2014
- Church Marks Centennial of World War I Christmas Truce December 16, 2014
- Laura Bush and Daughter Jenna to Keynote RootsTech 2015 December 12, 2014
- New Temples To Open in 2015 December 12, 2014
- Mormon Temples Currently Under Construction December 12, 2014
- Artist Santino Fontana, ‘Sesame Street’ Muppets™ Bring Holiday Spirit to Christmas Concert December 12, 2014