Over at Keepaptichinin, Amy Tanner Theriot has a wonderful post talking about family associations, and providing some guidelines for how to put together a successful association. In the post, she mentions that family associations can qualify as 501(c)(3) tax-exempt entities. At the mention of Code sections (and revenue rulings!), my ears perk up, and I thought I'd give a little more information about the tax side of such organizations. But before you read my post, you need to read Amy's. Because everything I know about family associations I learned reading her post, then doing a little Westlaw research. Because... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Day of the Lamanite, Deferred
- Clay Cook: Over the last 10 years or so there has been a strong and consistent movement...
- Clark: To clarify, I mean doctrinally. There’s no doubt a change in emphasis. How...
- Clark: Other than perhaps the claim the Pacific Islanders are descended from Hagoth I...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites May 26, 2015 May 22, 2015
- War of 1812, End of Civil War 150th Anniversary Commemorated May 22, 2015
- Church to Monitor BSA Policy Discussion May 21, 2015
- Church Dedicates Córdoba Argentina Temple May 17, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 13 May 2015 May 13, 2015
- BYU–Hawaii's Board of Trustees Announces New President May 12, 2015