When I was a youth (pre-1978), a magazine article about the Church hit the newsstands in Washington D.C., and we, local members, were ecstatic with what we considered great coverage of the Church. So I was very surprised at the negative reaction of the missionaries in our ward. It seems that the article had a few negative things to say that we thought were minor (and accurate), and the missionaries felt were major derogatory statements that put the Church in a bad light. While the situation isn’t the same, I read a similar reaction yesterday, objecting to the mention... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Women in General Conference: It’s Not a “Primary Voice”
- Alison Moore Smith: Dave, there are many others and, of course, there is a continuum....
- mirrorrorrim: I would second Dave’s comment, that there’s a wide spectrum....
- mormongeologist: Huh, I never thought of it that way before. I think that in many cases...
Notes From All Over
- Church Leaders Focus on Family and Service at General Women's Session March 28, 2015
- Two Faiths Find Common Ground at Vancouver, Washington Easter Concert March 27, 2015
- In a Game of Total Victory We All Lose March 27, 2015
- Church Shares 'Because He Lives' Easter Initiative March 27, 2015
- In Post-Storm Vanuatu, Mormons Quick to Rebuild March 27, 2015
- Annual General Conference Reaches Global Audience March 26, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ ethical dilemma ’
May 3, 2009 | 48 commentsBy Kent Larsen