When I was a youth (pre-1978), a magazine article about the Church hit the newsstands in Washington D.C., and we, local members, were ecstatic with what we considered great coverage of the Church. So I was very surprised at the negative reaction of the missionaries in our ward. It seems that the article had a few negative things to say that we thought were minor (and accurate), and the missionaries felt were major derogatory statements that put the Church in a bad light. While the situation isn’t the same, I read a similar reaction yesterday, objecting to the mention... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Terryl Givens on What It Means to Sustain
- mirrorrorrim: So I think Terryl Givens is wrong to invoke Section 121 when saying how we...
- mirrorrorrim: Also, on the topic of the original post, Jesus had a long tradition of...
- mirrorrorrim: Cameron N., I think your statement about what Jesus did is inadequate to...
Notes From All Over
- Seven Cities Announced for 2016 Mormon Tabernacle Choir European Tour February 5, 2016
- Dieter F. Uchtdorf of Church’s First Presidency Recounts Childhood Refugee Ordeal February 4, 2016
- World's Largest Family History Event Held in Utah February 2, 2016
- The Virtuous Cycle of Dialogue February 1, 2016
- Mormon Tabernacles — Religious and Community Edifices January 27, 2016
- Apostles Visit Government Leaders in South Pacific, Central America January 27, 2016
Posts Tagged ‘ ethical dilemma ’
May 3, 2009 | 48 commentsBy Kent Larsen