I made a mistake. The week before conference the LDS Church Growth blog, analyzing a Church news release, projected that the number of missionaries serving could pass 100,000 by the end of 2013 or early 2014. When the news appeared in a facbook group I follow, I thought it seemed overly optimistic. I realized soon after the announcement last October that we would have a surge in missionaries, as 18-year-olds joined the 19 and 20-year-old Elders serving, and as 19 and 20-year-old Sisters joined the 21 and 22-year-old Sisters serving. So, I though, the number of missionaries will jump... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- On Conflation; or, Throwing the Baby Out with the Bathwater in 1911
- Clark Goble: Whoops. Forgive the typos. Written after going to a scout pack meeting....
- Clark Goble: I don’t have much to disagree with there John. I do agree that Josiah...
- John Lundwall: All right Ben, and Clark, anyone else who would like to comment: Below is...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites May 26, 2015 May 22, 2015
- War of 1812, End of Civil War 150th Anniversary Commemorated May 22, 2015
- Church to Monitor BSA Policy Discussion May 21, 2015
- Church Dedicates Córdoba Argentina Temple May 17, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 13 May 2015 May 13, 2015
- BYU–Hawaii's Board of Trustees Announces New President May 12, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ elders ’
April 26, 2013 | 44 commentsBy Kent Larsen