I made a mistake. The week before conference the LDS Church Growth blog, analyzing a Church news release, projected that the number of missionaries serving could pass 100,000 by the end of 2013 or early 2014. When the news appeared in a facbook group I follow, I thought it seemed overly optimistic. I realized soon after the announcement last October that we would have a surge in missionaries, as 18-year-olds joined the 19 and 20-year-old Elders serving, and as 19 and 20-year-old Sisters joined the 21 and 22-year-old Sisters serving. So, I though, the number of missionaries will jump... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Recommended NT Resources, part 3: History and Commentary
- Daniel Watkins: Ah, I see it was on an earlier list!
- Daniel Watkins: Another book that I think should be on the list is Jesus Through Middle...
Notes From All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 18 December 2014 December 18, 2014
- Behind the Scenes at the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert December 18, 2014
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | December 17 December 17, 2014
- Church Marks Centennial of World War I Christmas Truce December 16, 2014
- Two Temples Scheduled for Renovation in Germany and Idaho December 16, 2014
- Laura Bush and Daughter Jenna to Keynote RootsTech 2015 December 12, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ elders ’
April 26, 2013 | 44 commentsBy Kent Larsen