Today, we Mormons see the “coincidence of names” between Joseph of Egypt, Joseph the son of Lehi and Joseph Smith as anything but a coincidence. They shared names allow us to make connections between the three cases, adding to our understanding of their histories. And Old Testament Gospel Doctrine lesson 12 allows us to revisit some of the parallels, such as Joseph’s separation from Israel, and eventual reunion, as well as his visionary nature. Elder Orson F. Whitney, who served as an Apostle from 1906 to 1931, recognized this connection, and included it in his epic poem Elias in... Read more »
- General Women’s Meeting
- forwardjoe: Geoff – Aus, I am curious what you mean by if the next prophet was...
- Geoff - Aus: 39 and 40 I would not have a problem with 75 to 80, but I understand Pres...
- Cameron N: Steve, I don’t disagree that many leave because of doubts or that...
- forwardjoe: Well thanks Steve for that comment. I, like you, now know it all.
- Steve Smith: Cameron N, we are also no closer to being able to explain reincarnation and...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 30 September 2014 September 30, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: Preparing for a Worldwide General Conference September 30, 2014
- Church Provides Preview of Historic Site Under Construction in Pennsylvania September 29, 2014
- Church Hosts Second General Women’s Meeting for Women and Girls September 27, 2014
- Church History Museum Closes for Interior Renovation September 24, 2014
- Church Members Look Forward to Second General Women’s Meeting September 24, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ Egypt ’
Temptation is a constant. We all struggle with temptation to do that which we should not, and often these temptations involve significant sin or things that could lead to significant sin. Worse, as Joseph’s story indicates, even when we have acted properly, we can be seen as a sinner or in error, and treated accordingly. Sometimes this is because others are mistaken, and other times it is because those who judge have... Read more »