In February, 2008, noted religious author Karen Armstrong was awarded the TED Prize, and her wish for the world was to gather a council of Christian, Muslim, Jewish, and other spiritual leaders to draw up a “Charter for Compassion.” Read more »
- My Theory of the Church’s Statement on the Change in BSA Policy
- jb: As someone who came from a family where becoming an Eagle Scout was an expectation...
- Mark: There is absolutely no reason for a press release like this unless the decision has...
- Gary: Uh, uh, uh; not only are you taking my comments out of context, this was anything...
Notes From All Over
- Church History Department Releases Book of Mormon Printer’s Manuscript in New Book August 4, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites July 30, 2015 July 30, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: Helping the Needy; It's a Hand Up July 29, 2015
- Church Re-evaluating Scouting Program July 27, 2015
- Mormonism in Pictures: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Expands Outreach July 23, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir Announces 2016 European Tour July 23, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ ecumenicism ’
I came across a news item (here and here) this morning that gives background on the 25 members of the President’s Council on Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships, and it made me wonder a little about LDS participation in this kind of group. Shouldn’t there be a Mormon on this council? Read more »