We are a temple-building people. Today we are more removed from the process than ever. Where Mormons once donated money, materials, time and effort to building temples in Kirtland, Nauvoo, St. George, Salt Lake and elsewhere, we participate less and less in the process, first no longer providing materials, then over time less and less labor, and more recently we no longer even have fundraising specifically for building temples or any other building. So we might today be excused from understanding completely how much building temples was part of the life of early members of the Church. Doctrine and... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Review: First Principles and Ordinances
- Ben S: I’m reading through it, and will offer a short review at the Scribe , soonish.
- Dave: Thanks for the comments, everyone. I hope that other readers who have read this...
- J Lawrence: Thanks for the review. Your observations on the holes in the LDS doctrine of...
- Miriam Crawford: Wonderful loving semtiments. I indentified with each of them.
Notes From All Over
- Supreme Court Decision Will Not Alter Doctrine on Marriage June 26, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites June 25, 2015 June 25, 2015
- Journalist Notes Similarities on Environmental Stewardship Between Faiths June 23, 2015
- People and Place June 23, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: LDS Charities Helps Provide Clean Water Around the Globe June 22, 2015
- Church Dedicates Trujillo Peru Temple June 21, 2015