We are a temple-building people. Today we are more removed from the process than ever. Where Mormons once donated money, materials, time and effort to building temples in Kirtland, Nauvoo, St. George, Salt Lake and elsewhere, we participate less and less in the process, first no longer providing materials, then over time less and less labor, and more recently we no longer even have fundraising specifically for building temples or any other building. So we might today be excused from understanding completely how much building temples was part of the life of early members of the Church. Doctrine and... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Rankings, Money, and BYU
- Old Man: Rameumptom, Is the tithing yours to send? As a BYU grad who struggled financially...
- Martin: Rameumptom, I suspect the church’s objective isn’t so much to...
- rameumptom: I have a hard time sending my tithing to subsidize wealthy Mormons attending...
- James Goldberg: Very cool.
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Public Invited to Tour Newly Remodeled Ogden Utah Temple July 29, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 23 July 2014 July 23, 2014
- FamilySearch Volunteers Break International Indexing Record July 23, 2014
- Mormon Youth in Utah Host Special Needs Pioneer Trek July 22, 2014
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Santino Fontana Headline Pioneer Day Concerts July 20, 2014
- Groundbreaking Date Announced for Meridian Idaho Mormon Temple July 18, 2014