When we speak of unity it is often difficult to understand exactly what we need to do to achieve it. The teachings of Lorenzo Snow in the current Priesthood/Relief Society lesson manual (lesson 16) try to address this, but I’m not quite sure that they give the specifics needed. Should we be united politically? What does such unity mean? There are many elements of society today that are by nature divisive, and politics is clearly one of them. Does the gospel offer a better way to decide political questions, a more united way? The author of the following poem... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- YW Lesson: How Do I Prepare Now to Become a Righteous Wife and Mother?Church Sticks with Boys
- Jax: This was my Facebook post about this topic… The first paragraph is actual...
- d: To Segullah #1, George S #4, Suleyman #16, and Kif #21, The YW in my ward have a fund...
- Wilfried: In response to sfw (63) and Sasha (64), I appreciate their support of church...
- Sasha Apanasenko: I find it saddening on a site that purports to be for faithful...
Notes From All Over
- President Uchtdorf Dedicates New Addition to Church’s Polynesian Cultural Center in Hawaii August 29, 2015
- Church Creates Original Video Series on Addiction Recovery August 28, 2015
- Angel Moroni Lifted to the Top of the Fort Collins Colorado Temple August 27, 2015
- Church to Go Forward with Scouting Program August 26, 2015
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | August 25, 2015 August 25, 2015
- First Latter-day Saint Temple in Indiana Dedicated August 23, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ divisive ’
August 11, 2013 | 2 commentsBy Kent Larsen