When we speak of unity it is often difficult to understand exactly what we need to do to achieve it. The teachings of Lorenzo Snow in the current Priesthood/Relief Society lesson manual (lesson 16) try to address this, but I’m not quite sure that they give the specifics needed. Should we be united politically? What does such unity mean? There are many elements of society today that are by nature divisive, and politics is clearly one of them. Does the gospel offer a better way to decide political questions, a more united way? The author of the following poem... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Book Review: The Council of Fifty: A Documentary History
- Joel: Dave, thanks for the clarification.
- Dave: Joel, the initial arrest was for the destruction of the printing press, and several...
- Joel: “To 19th-century Americans, [Joseph Smith being annointed king] would have...
- J Town: I agree that not enough people read to prepare for lessons. To my shame, I’m...
- Steve Smith: If only all OT teachers were Ben S. While the OT is a fascinating book to...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | December 17 December 17, 2014
- Church Marks Centennial of World War I Christmas Truce December 16, 2014
- Two Temples Scheduled for Renovation in Germany and Idaho December 16, 2014
- New Temples To Open in 2015 December 12, 2014
- Laura Bush and Daughter Jenna to Keynote RootsTech 2015 December 12, 2014
- Mormon Temples Currently Under Construction December 12, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ divisive ’
August 11, 2013 | 2 commentsBy Kent Larsen