When we speak of unity it is often difficult to understand exactly what we need to do to achieve it. The teachings of Lorenzo Snow in the current Priesthood/Relief Society lesson manual (lesson 16) try to address this, but I’m not quite sure that they give the specifics needed. Should we be united politically? What does such unity mean? There are many elements of society today that are by nature divisive, and politics is clearly one of them. Does the gospel offer a better way to decide political questions, a more united way? The author of the following poem... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- What to Expect When You Are Expecting . . . A Bishopric Call
- Raymond Takashi Swenson: I would recommend the need to effectively use time in planning...
- Mark B.: If we have “weak” ward councils, then it’s even more important...
- sch: Theresa: have you attending many ward councils?
- Thoroughly Modified Millie: OK, Mark B., I will admit that there was too much snark in my...
- A Turtle Named Mack: I am not looking forward to Elder Packer’s death, but...
- Dave: Glenn, I think I am saying that the phrase “unwritten order of things”...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 23 September September 23, 2014
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 22 September 2014 September 22, 2014
- Ogden Utah Temple Rededicated by President Thomas S. Monson September 21, 2014
- FamilySearch Initiative Invites People to #MeetMyGrandma September 19, 2014
- Civil Society and the Church September 19, 2014
- Women Auxiliary Leaders Provide Training in the Southeast September 16, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ divisive ’
August 11, 2013 | 2 commentsBy Kent Larsen