When we speak of unity it is often difficult to understand exactly what we need to do to achieve it. The teachings of Lorenzo Snow in the current Priesthood/Relief Society lesson manual (lesson 16) try to address this, but I’m not quite sure that they give the specifics needed. Should we be united politically? What does such unity mean? There are many elements of society today that are by nature divisive, and politics is clearly one of them. Does the gospel offer a better way to decide political questions, a more united way? The author of the following poem... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- On Conflation; or, Throwing the Baby Out with the Bathwater in 1911
- Brad L: Here it is.
- Josh Smith: DQ, I’m not sure what you’re saying. I went back and read my...
- Brad L: it’s not the backwards conservatives saying the debate is over. Eldon...
- Another Joel: “Esau who squandered his birthright for a bowl of soup” Speaking...
- Michael McNew: As stated in this radio show: https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=H37793fEQ2s...
Notes From All Over
- Church Commemorates War of 1812, End of Civil War 150th Anniversary May 22, 2015
- Church to Monitor BSA Policy Discussion May 21, 2015
- Church Dedicates Córdoba Argentina Temple May 17, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 13 May 2015 May 13, 2015
- BYU–Hawaii's Board of Trustees Announces New President May 12, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites May 8, 2015 May 8, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ divisive ’
August 11, 2013 | 2 commentsBy Kent Larsen