When we speak of unity it is often difficult to understand exactly what we need to do to achieve it. The teachings of Lorenzo Snow in the current Priesthood/Relief Society lesson manual (lesson 16) try to address this, but I’m not quite sure that they give the specifics needed. Should we be united politically? What does such unity mean? There are many elements of society today that are by nature divisive, and politics is clearly one of them. Does the gospel offer a better way to decide political questions, a more united way? The author of the following poem... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Only True and Living Opinion
- SilverRain: The Tribune is not exactly a trustworthy host. They have no intention of being...
- Kristine A: p.s. viewpoint = venue also thanks for your two cents, Julie. I always meander...
- Kristine A: I can concede point 2 that it may not be the most fair viewpoint for a...
- SilverRain: Josh…It’s morally repugnant to kill someone. Still, God commanded...
- M Miles: I echo Josh Smith’s sentiments. I too worked in places where, “The...
Notes From All Over
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | April 14, 2015 April 14, 2015
- Public Invited to Tour Córdoba Argentina Temple April 14, 2015
- Open House Tickets for Payson Utah Temple Now Available April 13, 2015
- Religious Freedom and Fairness for All April 13, 2015
- "Because He Lives" Initiative Spreads Easter Message to Millions April 8, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 6 April 2015 April 6, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ divisive ’
August 11, 2013 | 2 commentsBy Kent Larsen