When we speak of unity it is often difficult to understand exactly what we need to do to achieve it. The teachings of Lorenzo Snow in the current Priesthood/Relief Society lesson manual (lesson 16) try to address this, but I’m not quite sure that they give the specifics needed. Should we be united politically? What does such unity mean? There are many elements of society today that are by nature divisive, and politics is clearly one of them. Does the gospel offer a better way to decide political questions, a more united way? The author of the following poem... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Running Missionary
- Clark Goble: Wilfried, well at one time we didn’t send kids. Personally given the...
- Wilfried: Clark (11), I agree that to a certain extent the missionaries are still “kids,”...
- Clark Goble: I made a few other longer comments at my blog. I think the key issue is risk....
- Clark Goble: I think there’s much to be said to the economics of inquiry. (I have a...
Notes From All Over
- Utah Lawmakers Introduce Bill Balancing Religious Freedom and Nondiscrimination Protections March 4, 2015
- Women Church Leaders Visit Faith-Based Relief Agency in Texas March 3, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 4 March 2015 March 3, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to Perform at Yankee Stadium March 2, 2015
- Church Dedicates Pasta and Mill Plant in Northern Utah March 2, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites February 27, 2015 February 27, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ divisive ’
August 11, 2013 | 2 commentsBy Kent Larsen