When we speak of unity it is often difficult to understand exactly what we need to do to achieve it. The teachings of Lorenzo Snow in the current Priesthood/Relief Society lesson manual (lesson 16) try to address this, but I’m not quite sure that they give the specifics needed. Should we be united politically? What does such unity mean? There are many elements of society today that are by nature divisive, and politics is clearly one of them. Does the gospel offer a better way to decide political questions, a more united way? The author of the following poem... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson #13
- Sariah Wilson: Julie, I’m working on my lesson for tomorrow and I’m curious as...
- jader3rd: Fabulous post. I love the insight. Given how well Mark is pairing these...
- Julie M. Smith: ponderer, I think there is ample evidence that the second was a Gentile...
- Rcaywood: This hasn’t been a new idea for me. Our seminary teachers in rural...
- mirrorrorrim: Um, Calling Michael 2050, I don’t think anyone earns exaltation....
Notes From All Over
- In a Game of Total Victory We All Lose March 27, 2015
- Church Shares 'Because He Lives' Easter Initiative March 27, 2015
- In Post-Storm Vanuatu, Mormons Quick to Rebuild March 27, 2015
- Annual General Conference Reaches Global Audience March 26, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 25 March 2015 March 25, 2015
- Unity in Diversity March 25, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ divisive ’
August 11, 2013 | 2 commentsBy Kent Larsen