Programs and lifestyle are the main repositories of culture in a community. Programs are optional. Lifestyles are not. The person who declines to participate in a program still gets to sit in the audience at the awards ceremony. The person who declines to participate in a lifestyle is excluded from the flow of community life. Read more »
- On Ben Carson’s Adventism, Creationism, and the Bible
- Ben S.: Funny enough Clark, I just treated the 2.5 billion number in my post about 2...
- Clark Goble: Jared (33) I think George W. Bush and Jimmy Carter are both excellent...
- Raymond Takashi Swenson: D&C 77 is not talking about the length of time involved in...
Notes From All Over
- Mormonism in Pictures: Enjoy the Spirit of Christmas on Temple Square December 1, 2015
- Church Launches ‘A Savior Is Born’ Christmas Initiative November 29, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites November 24, 2015 November 24, 2015
- Church, Governments and Humanitarian Partners Aid Refugees in Europe November 24, 2015
- Faith Leaders Participate in Dedication of New Church Meetinghouse in Washington, D.C. November 23, 2015
- Montreal Quebec Temple Opens Following Rededication November 22, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ diversity ’
Our ward has been exploring the idea of Unity in our sacrament meeting talks this month, and I’ve heard the same attribution to Elder Dallin H. Oaks several times. It apparently comes from a “News of the Church” article in June 2007 which discusses the growing diversity in the Church. According to the article, Elder Oaks “said that the growing diversity among the members is simply a condition, not a Church goal. The real goal is unity, not diversity.” Perhaps’ I’m not listening closely enough, but the discussions of this idea seem to have missed the balance of what... Read more »