The District of Utah has had a busy week. As I'm sure you heard (and if you haven't, you ought to read Kaimi's post first), Utah's ban on same-sex marriage has been struck down as unconstitutional. A week ago, in the wake of the decision that didn't actually legalize polygamy, I looked at the potential tax consequences of that decision and, fairly anti-climatically, determined that there were none. Plenty of electrons will be spilled going over this decision but, again, I suspect that the tax consequences will be underexplored. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- We Are Made to Suffer
- Nathaniel Givens: RH- I’m truly sorry for your loss. I don’t pretend that I...
- Nathaniel Givens: Nate- Part of my argument was that treating suffering as an aberration...
- Nate: Nathaniel, “treating suffering as an aberration leads to more...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Apostle Calls for Uplifting Social Media Messages to Sweep the Earth August 19, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: What Do Mormon Teens Do? August 14, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 13 August 2014 August 13, 2014
- “This Is a Woman’s Church,” Says Director of Humanitarian Services and LDS Charities August 12, 2014
- Missionary Work: Experiences Shape the Future August 11, 2014
- Public Invited to Tour the Phoenix Arizona Temple August 7, 2014