The District of Utah has had a busy week. As I'm sure you heard (and if you haven't, you ought to read Kaimi's post first), Utah's ban on same-sex marriage has been struck down as unconstitutional. A week ago, in the wake of the decision that didn't actually legalize polygamy, I looked at the potential tax consequences of that decision and, fairly anti-climatically, determined that there were none. Plenty of electrons will be spilled going over this decision but, again, I suspect that the tax consequences will be underexplored. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Privilege and the Family
- Glenstorm: Have you read Robert Putnam’s new book “Our Kids”? It makes...
- Eirebrain: Thank you so much for your thorough and thoughtful reply to the “What has...
- jill: We Mormons are extremely family oriented. This is well known to all. So it’s...
- Hedgehog: I don’t think it’s just a church thing. Back when I was a student...
- Alison Moore Smith: “Hahaha, I love your spelled-out impression of Brother...
Notes From All Over
- Church Leaders Focus on Family and Service at General Women's Session March 28, 2015
- Two Faiths Find Common Ground at Vancouver, Washington Easter Concert March 27, 2015
- In a Game of Total Victory We All Lose March 27, 2015
- Church Shares 'Because He Lives' Easter Initiative March 27, 2015
- In Post-Storm Vanuatu, Mormons Quick to Rebuild March 27, 2015
- Annual General Conference Reaches Global Audience March 26, 2015