When we discuss the Sabbath in lessons, we can either focus on the things that we should not do to keep the day holy or we can focus on the things we can and should do. The 16th Gospel Doctrine lesson for the Doctrine and Covenants focuses more on the latter than on the former, discussing attending Sunday meetings and taking the sacrament first before moving on to the concept of a day of rest and keeping the day holy. And I think for most Mormons today the focus is on what we do on the Sabbath—go to Church. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Package Deal
- Martin James: If its about package deals then I’m going for the 72 virgins in heaven.
- James Anglin: In other religions, indeed, belief in eternal family relationships does not...
- Brad L: “Ross Douthat, among others, has suggested that a large number of problems...
Notes From All Over
- Thousands Gather at BYU for Annual Women’s Conference May 1, 2015
- Open House and Rededication Dates Announced for Montreal Quebec Temple April 30, 2015
- Church Approves Electronic Method to Submit Tithes and Other Charitable Donations April 29, 2015
- Apostle Speaks at Historic Religious Freedom Event in Brazil April 29, 2015
- Elder Richard G. Scott Released from Hospital April 28, 2015
- Church Provides Donation to Children’s Justice Center in Utah April 28, 2015