I was surprised a week ago when a senior missionary serving in our ward said that the Church is struggling to get senior missionaries, something that an article in the Deseret News last week confirmed. But my senior missionary friend went further than the article did, saying that the number of senior missionaries has declined by 40% in the past decade. Read more »
- Magic and Mechanisms
- Mary Ann: Steve, it’s actually quite easy for some of us to claim that traditional...
- Steve Smith: Mary Ann, that very poll that you cite confirms what I’m saying. 83% of...
- Hedgehog: “Traditional religion is far from thriving in the hard sciences. It is...
- Hunter: Haunting poem. And thanks, too, for the follow-up comment, Wilfried.
- Wilfried: Thank you all for responses. Thank you, areynolds, Craig, and Naismith, for the...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- VIDEO: Trujillo Family From Ecuador Answers the Call to Serve October 1, 2014
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 30 September 2014 September 30, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: Preparing for a Worldwide General Conference September 30, 2014
- Church Provides Preview of Historic Site Under Construction in Pennsylvania September 29, 2014
- Church Hosts Second General Women’s Meeting for Women and Girls September 27, 2014
- Church Members Look Forward to Second General Women’s Meeting September 24, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ Demographics ’
For Pioneer Day, the Pew Research Center’s Forum on Religious & Public Life released its report on Mormonism, based on responses to its 2007 Religious Landscape Survey. I was surprised that the initial coverage was so mundane, but when I read the report, so many details were fascinating! Read more »