When we speak of unity it is often difficult to understand exactly what we need to do to achieve it. The teachings of Lorenzo Snow in the current Priesthood/Relief Society lesson manual (lesson 16) try to address this, but I’m not quite sure that they give the specifics needed. Should we be united politically? What does such unity mean? There are many elements of society today that are by nature divisive, and politics is clearly one of them. Does the gospel offer a better way to decide political questions, a more united way? The author of the following poem... Read more »
- For Zion – Part 10What Was Satan’s Plan?New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson #13
- Julie M. Smith: ponderer, I think there is ample evidence that the second was a Gentile...
- ponderer: Julie thanks for the insights. I was wondering about the common assumption that...
Notes From All Over
- In a Game of Total Victory We All Lose March 27, 2015
- Church Shares 'Because He Lives' Easter Initiative March 27, 2015
- Annual General Conference Reaches Global Audience March 26, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 25 March 2015 March 25, 2015
- Unity in Diversity March 25, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites March 24, 2015 March 24, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ democracy ’
A three-part quiz: 1. Please review the account of Korihor in Alma 30. 2. True or false: Korihor was a religious freedom advocate battling an oppressive central government. 3. What does your answer in #2 say about these areas? Pick a few, and elaborate: -The role of religion in public life -The place of religious freedom claims -Free speech and its potential limitations -Popular conceptions about the proper role of government in 1830 (or in 2011) -Democracy, theocracy, and Zion -Any related topics of interest Read more »