I think that we often think of witnesses as something outside of the event, added to fill a particular need or satisfy the desires of the world. But I wonder if this perception might not be incorrect, if witnesses are not, in fact, an important part of the process of communicating truth. A testimony is, after all, what a witness provides, and, at least in the church, it is hard to imagine communicating truth without testimony. In the fourth D&C Gospel Doctrine lesson witnesses to the Book of Mormon are an important part of the story of the scripture’s... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Book Review: The Crucible of Doubt
- Julie M. Smith: ” . . . want to shift this to the doubter forcing the doubter to...
- N. W. Clerk: “When one makes a truth claim, the burden of proof is always on the...
- Jadan: Julie: I appreciate your review of the Givens’ book and their attempts to...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 28 August 2014 August 28, 2014
- Fort Lauderdale Temple Named Best Cultural/Worship Project by Top Southeast Contractors August 27, 2014
- Ground Broken for Meridian Idaho Temple August 23, 2014
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 23 August August 23, 2014
- Apostle Calls for Uplifting Social Media Messages to Sweep the Earth August 19, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: What Do Mormon Teens Do? August 14, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ David Whitmer ’
March 30, 2014 | no commentsBy Kent Larsen