Newton, Marjorie. Tiki and Temple: The Mormon Mission in New Zealand, 1854–1958. Draper, UT: Greg Kofford Books, 2012. Paperback. 343 pages. ISBN: 978-1-58958-1210. $ 29.95. Former Speaker of the U. S. House of Representatives, “Tip” O’Neill, is well known for saying All politics is local. By that he meant that voters choose who they support based on how it effects them locally, instead of on major national ideological issues. While how true this is may be debatable (don’t here, its off topic), I think it extends to history also. All history is local. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Mormons and Scouting: A Messy Divorce?
- john f.: Morally straight does not refer to gay vs. straight. It is too bad that...
- Ice Rep: So do the scouts remove being “morally straight” from the oath now?
- Jack Flagstaff: Your thinking is good, but flawed–in most units, scout leaders are...
- RMM: I’m curious when your recommended process of repentance needs to start, Eric....
- Eric: RMM, the Lord commands those in sin to repent and does not look up sin with the...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites July 30, 2015 July 30, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: Helping the Needy; It's a Hand Up July 29, 2015
- Church Re-evaluating Scouting Program July 27, 2015
- Mormonism in Pictures: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Expands Outreach July 23, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir Announces 2016 European Tour July 23, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: LDS Charities Provides Wheelchairs Around the World July 20, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ cultural differences ’
March 23, 2012 | 16 commentsBy Kent Larsen