Newton, Marjorie. Tiki and Temple: The Mormon Mission in New Zealand, 1854–1958. Draper, UT: Greg Kofford Books, 2012. Paperback. 343 pages. ISBN: 978-1-58958-1210. $ 29.95. Former Speaker of the U. S. House of Representatives, “Tip” O’Neill, is well known for saying All politics is local. By that he meant that voters choose who they support based on how it effects them locally, instead of on major national ideological issues. While how true this is may be debatable (don’t here, its off topic), I think it extends to history also. All history is local. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Covenant and Speech
- Josh Smith: Damn it! I forgot to change my anonymous name. That was on accident. Sorry.
- Not Josh Smith: I’m sorry, Eve. I’m even more immature in person. For what...
- Clark Goble: mirrorrorrim, sometimes a marriage just isn’t working and divorce is...
Notes From All Over
- Interfaith Video Competition Winners Announced August 31, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites August 31, 2015 August 31, 2015
- President Uchtdorf Dedicates New Addition to Church’s Polynesian Cultural Center in Hawaii August 29, 2015
- Church Creates Original Video Series on Addiction Recovery August 28, 2015
- Angel Moroni Lifted to the Top of the Fort Collins Colorado Temple August 27, 2015
- Church to Go Forward with Scouting Program August 26, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ cultural differences ’
March 23, 2012 | 16 commentsBy Kent Larsen