Newton, Marjorie. Tiki and Temple: The Mormon Mission in New Zealand, 1854–1958. Draper, UT: Greg Kofford Books, 2012. Paperback. 343 pages. ISBN: 978-1-58958-1210. $ 29.95. Former Speaker of the U. S. House of Representatives, “Tip” O’Neill, is well known for saying All politics is local. By that he meant that voters choose who they support based on how it effects them locally, instead of on major national ideological issues. While how true this is may be debatable (don’t here, its off topic), I think it extends to history also. All history is local. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- New Polygamy Essays
- anon for this: @Jill, You raise an issue that has come up for my wife’s family. Her...
- Cameron N.: Jill, I think most people feel the same way you do about the issue. There are...
- jill: I think couples ought to discuss before they marry whether the other one would...
Notes From All Over
- Entertainer Donny Osmond to Speak at RootsTech 2015 October 23, 2014
- Young Women Leader Shares Message of Faith With Girl Scouts October 22, 2014
- Church Updates Temple Garment Video October 22, 2014
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 20 October October 20, 2014
- Indianapolis Indiana Temple Topped With Angel Moroni Statue October 17, 2014
- Broadway Star Santino Fontana and ‘Sesame Street’ Muppets™ Headline Christmas Concerts October 16, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ cultural differences ’
March 23, 2012 | 16 commentsBy Kent Larsen