The sacred and eternal nature of families is regularly taught and believed among Mormons today. But it wasn’t seen as quite as obvious to Church members in the middle of the 19th century. The teaching that our family relationships extend past this life and are modeled on the family relationship we had before this life developed throughout the life of Joseph Smith, culminating with the King Follett discourse (given just before his death) and with the temple ordinances. The teachings of Lorenzo Snow on this subject (seen in the Lorenzo Snow manual chapter 9) thus represent a very developed understanding... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Day of the Lamanite, Deferred
- Cameron N.: Former Stake President of my singles ward at the BYU Provo, Larry Echohawk:...
- EG: When I was on my mission in Mexico (1980s), we often attempted to spark interest in...
- KLC: Dave, I’m old enough to have experienced first hand days of the Indian...
- Cat: Old Man – You are correct. Women have been and we have (both sides of the...
- Old Man: “How many projects will it take to let Women sit at the table.” I...
Notes From All Over
- Elder Oaks Shares Missionary Assignment Process May 28, 2015
- Elder Cook Calls for Global Effort to Protect Faith and Religious Freedom May 27, 2015
- War of 1812, End of Civil War 150th Anniversary Commemorated May 22, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites May 26, 2015 May 22, 2015
- Church to Monitor BSA Policy Discussion May 21, 2015
- Church Dedicates Córdoba Argentina Temple May 17, 2015