Our ward has been exploring the idea of Unity in our sacrament meeting talks this month, and I’ve heard the same attribution to Elder Dallin H. Oaks several times. It apparently comes from a “News of the Church” article in June 2007 which discusses the growing diversity in the Church. According to the article, Elder Oaks “said that the growing diversity among the members is simply a condition, not a Church goal. The real goal is unity, not diversity.” Perhaps’ I’m not listening closely enough, but the discussions of this idea seem to have missed the balance of what... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- All the Lights Were Red: Thinking About Reform in Mormonism
- Don: Let’s talk about Jesus and throw all that other stuff away.
- Clark Goble: The Church has done tests with shortening meeting time. That it’s not...
- James Olsen: Dave, your question here is a great one — and hugely challenging given...
- Rachel Woodhouse: I agree with Joanne on the name of the database, please don’t put...
- your food allergy is fake: #54 “. . but that does not mean they are the same, nor...
- Joseph M: Depending on How you count Elder Renlund between 16 and 20% of the top...
Notes From All Over
- Elder Sitati Addresses Race, Self-Reliance and Church Growth in Africa October 12, 2015
- New Presiding Bishopric Announced October 9, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites October 9, 2015 October 9, 2015
- Mormonism in Pictures: Reflections of General Conference Fall 2015 October 9, 2015
- Church Recognized for Saving Electricity and Protecting the Environment October 8, 2015
- Leadership Changes in Presidency of the Seventy Announced October 6, 2015