Now that I've read my first chapter of Approaching Zion, a couple more caveats before we get started. First, I'm not going to bother summarizing what Nibley said. Instead, I'm going to try to engage it, responding to ideas that engaged me, whether I agree or disagree. Second, I'm not going to try to engage with the full text; in Chapter 1, there were two things that really spoke to me, and one more that I'm going to mention and defer until a later installment. Feel free, in the comments, to engage with what I've engaged with, what I've... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Practical Apologetics: Historicity
- Jeff G: Aaron T, “Their objective is not to follow the evidence wherever the...
- Clark Goble: It seems to me many make a false dichotomy. However to see if historicity...
- PP: Yes, Dave, hooray for pluralism. But I also think some absolute truths exist. People...
- Clark Goble: Aren’t you engaging in a fundamental equivocation error here? When...
- Adam Smith: “The historicity of the Book of Mormon matters to most believing...
- Robert C.: Very nice, Adam.
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | Jan 23 January 23, 2015
- Catholic Archbishop Delivers Message on Religious Freedom at Brigham Young University January 23, 2015
- Reid L. Neilson Named Assistant Church Historian and Recorder January 23, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 22 January 2015 January 22, 2015
- Mormonism In the News: Getting It Right | January 22, 2015 January 22, 2015
- The Humanitarian Impulse January 21, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ cities ’
May 8, 2013 | 21 commentsBy Sam Brunson