Newton, Marjorie. Tiki and Temple: The Mormon Mission in New Zealand, 1854–1958. Draper, UT: Greg Kofford Books, 2012. Paperback. 343 pages. ISBN: 978-1-58958-1210. $ 29.95. Former Speaker of the U. S. House of Representatives, “Tip” O’Neill, is well known for saying All politics is local. By that he meant that voters choose who they support based on how it effects them locally, instead of on major national ideological issues. While how true this is may be debatable (don’t here, its off topic), I think it extends to history also. All history is local. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Magic and Mechanisms
- Nate: Great post Nathaniel! I believe the existence of plates and angels helped Joseph and...
- Martin James: Mary Ann, Wow. That was a well thought out reply and I appreciate it. I...
- Mary Ann: Why is CZ or glass valued less than diamonds? To the naked eye, CZ & glass...
- Julie M. Smith: Re #37: please be careful not to conflate the idea that women are...
- Raymond Takashi Swenson: I watched the program with my wife, daughter, and granddaughters....
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Church Provides Preview of Historic Site Under Construction in Pennsylvania September 29, 2014
- Church Hosts Second General Women’s Meeting for Women and Girls September 27, 2014
- Pew: Religion Losing Influence in America September 24, 2014
- Church History Museum Closes for Interior Renovation September 24, 2014
- Exhibit Highlights Women in the Scriptures September 24, 2014
- Church Members Look Forward to Second General Women’s Meeting September 24, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ church building program ’
March 23, 2012 | 16 commentsBy Kent Larsen