Newton, Marjorie. Tiki and Temple: The Mormon Mission in New Zealand, 1854–1958. Draper, UT: Greg Kofford Books, 2012. Paperback. 343 pages. ISBN: 978-1-58958-1210. $ 29.95. Former Speaker of the U. S. House of Representatives, “Tip” O’Neill, is well known for saying All politics is local. By that he meant that voters choose who they support based on how it effects them locally, instead of on major national ideological issues. While how true this is may be debatable (don’t here, its off topic), I think it extends to history also. All history is local. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Running Missionary
- Cat: Mark B. (23). Thank you for your point. As you can read this issue is near to my...
- Wilfried: Let’s not make an argument here, Mark (23). Of course the church is not to...
- Mark B.: Cat (22) If you want to take the blame for the misguided acts of a few zealots,...
- Ardis E. Parshall: My copy came today. I like the way it looks as easy to read as a...
- rameumptom: Wasn’t it Alexander Pope that warned about sipping from the waters of...
- Christopher Bradford (Grasshopper): …waits for the “A Mormon Moderation”...
Notes From All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 6 March 2015 March 6, 2015
- Utah Lawmakers Introduce Bill Balancing Religious Freedom and Nondiscrimination Protections March 4, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 4 March 2015 March 3, 2015
- Women Church Leaders Visit Faith-Based Relief Agency in Texas March 3, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to Perform at Yankee Stadium March 2, 2015
- Church Dedicates Pasta and Mill Plant in Northern Utah March 2, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ church building program ’
March 23, 2012 | 16 commentsBy Kent Larsen