Newton, Marjorie. Tiki and Temple: The Mormon Mission in New Zealand, 1854–1958. Draper, UT: Greg Kofford Books, 2012. Paperback. 343 pages. ISBN: 978-1-58958-1210. $ 29.95. Former Speaker of the U. S. House of Representatives, “Tip” O’Neill, is well known for saying All politics is local. By that he meant that voters choose who they support based on how it effects them locally, instead of on major national ideological issues. While how true this is may be debatable (don’t here, its off topic), I think it extends to history also. All history is local. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- My Theory of the Church’s Statement on the Change in BSA Policy
- Owen: Perhaps this could be an opportunity for the church to adopt a more normal mode of...
- cinepro: How great would it be to have such willing volunteers for any BSA troop, LDS or...
- ji: I have to believe that none of the large corporate sponsors who abandoned the BSA on...
- SilverRain: Spending six weeks at home to recover from childbirth is not the same as...
- mirrorrorrim: For me, physical differences distract from spiritual and mental sameness,...
- Raymond Takashi Swenson: Boyd K. Packer was a military pilot who was stationed in Japan...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites July 30, 2015 July 30, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: Helping the Needy; It's a Hand Up July 29, 2015
- Church Re-evaluating Scouting Program July 27, 2015
- Mormonism in Pictures: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Expands Outreach July 23, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir Announces 2016 European Tour July 23, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: LDS Charities Provides Wheelchairs Around the World July 20, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ church building program ’
March 23, 2012 | 16 commentsBy Kent Larsen