There is no shortage of poetry about Joseph Smith, the subject of lesson 23 of the Lorenzo Snow manual. But Snow’s views on Joseph Smith are focused not on his martyrdom or on his role as the initial prophet of this dispensation. Instead, Snow focuses on Joseph Smith’s character—an unusual subject for the early Mormon poetry I’ve collected so far. But the following poem does briefly mention some of Joseph Smith’s character traits: Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Messianicity & HistoricityPractical Apologetics: Historicity
- Cameron N.: When Elder Oaks says he thinks it’s impossible to verify BoM...
- Jared vdH: Steve Smith, Why would we expect an oral tradition to exist about an anciently...
- Dave: Devolved … in a positive way.
Notes From All Over
- Mormon Leaders Call for Laws That Protect Religious Freedom January 27, 2015
- Reid L. Neilson Named Assistant Church Historian and Recorder January 23, 2015
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | Jan 23 January 23, 2015
- Catholic Archbishop Delivers Message on Religious Freedom at Brigham Young University January 23, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 22 January 2015 January 22, 2015
- Mormonism In the News: Getting It Right | January 22, 2015 January 22, 2015