The 10 chapters in this week’s Sunday School lesson (#31) are among the most exciting in the Book of Mormon—at least if you are a 10-year-old boy. They tell the story of Captain Moroni, the battles he fought for freedom, and his “Title of Liberty.” Of course, even for adults they are important chapters, detailing a struggle for liberty and raising the kind of questions that so many in the world have to face, even today, when addressing what kind of government their country needs. Even in most western democracies, the issues of liberty have at least a peripheral... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- New Polygamy Essays
- Amy T: Has any plural marriage brought joy? What a question. People adjust to their life...
- lemuel: Has any plural marriage brought joy? Abraham had to send away Hagar and Ishmael,...
- lemuel: How many more convert baptisms would we have if there had been no polygamy? I...
- Julie M. Smith: Marcus, you picked exactly the wrong day to complain about the church not...
- Marcus: It is my sincere hope that if there is a God it is not the capricious trickster...
Notes From All Over
- Young Women Leader Shares Message of Faith With Girl Scouts October 22, 2014
- Church Updates Temple Garment Video October 22, 2014
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 20 October October 20, 2014
- Indianapolis Indiana Temple Topped With Angel Moroni Statue October 17, 2014
- Broadway Star Santino Fontana and ‘Sesame Street’ Muppets™ Headline Christmas Concerts October 16, 2014
- Apostle Speaks on 50th Commemoration of 1964 New York World’s Fair October 15, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ Captain Moroni ’
July 30, 2012 | one commentBy Kent Larsen