The 10 chapters in this week’s Sunday School lesson (#31) are among the most exciting in the Book of Mormon—at least if you are a 10-year-old boy. They tell the story of Captain Moroni, the battles he fought for freedom, and his “Title of Liberty.” Of course, even for adults they are important chapters, detailing a struggle for liberty and raising the kind of questions that so many in the world have to face, even today, when addressing what kind of government their country needs. Even in most western democracies, the issues of liberty have at least a peripheral... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Magic and Mechanisms
- Mary Ann: Steve, it’s actually quite easy for some of us to claim that traditional...
- Steve Smith: Mary Ann, that very poll that you cite confirms what I’m saying. 83% of...
- Hedgehog: “Traditional religion is far from thriving in the hard sciences. It is...
- Hunter: Haunting poem. And thanks, too, for the follow-up comment, Wilfried.
- Wilfried: Thank you all for responses. Thank you, areynolds, Craig, and Naismith, for the...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- VIDEO: Trujillo Family From Ecuador Answers the Call to Serve October 1, 2014
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 30 September 2014 September 30, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: Preparing for a Worldwide General Conference September 30, 2014
- Church Provides Preview of Historic Site Under Construction in Pennsylvania September 29, 2014
- Church Hosts Second General Women’s Meeting for Women and Girls September 27, 2014
- Church Members Look Forward to Second General Women’s Meeting September 24, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ Captain Moroni ’
July 30, 2012 | one commentBy Kent Larsen