The 10 chapters in this week’s Sunday School lesson (#31) are among the most exciting in the Book of Mormon—at least if you are a 10-year-old boy. They tell the story of Captain Moroni, the battles he fought for freedom, and his “Title of Liberty.” Of course, even for adults they are important chapters, detailing a struggle for liberty and raising the kind of questions that so many in the world have to face, even today, when addressing what kind of government their country needs. Even in most western democracies, the issues of liberty have at least a peripheral... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson #5
- Regina Winewater: I have always loved the way that this woman wasn’t afraid to...
- Alison Moore Smith: That sounds like a great event. I would love to hear from those who...
- First dibs: And so as not to put two links in one comment, here is an article about the...
- First dibs: Since the question of Brazil came up, here’s a source that explains the...
Notes From All Over
- Construction of Rome Italy Temple to Resume at Normal Pace January 29, 2015
- Mormon Leaders Call for Laws That Protect Religious Freedom January 27, 2015
- BYU-Idaho's Board of Trustees Announces New President January 27, 2015
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | Jan 23 January 23, 2015
- Catholic Archbishop Delivers Message on Religious Freedom at Brigham Young University January 23, 2015
- Reid L. Neilson Named Assistant Church Historian and Recorder January 23, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ Captain Moroni ’
July 30, 2012 | one commentBy Kent Larsen