The 10 chapters in this week’s Sunday School lesson (#31) are among the most exciting in the Book of Mormon—at least if you are a 10-year-old boy. They tell the story of Captain Moroni, the battles he fought for freedom, and his “Title of Liberty.” Of course, even for adults they are important chapters, detailing a struggle for liberty and raising the kind of questions that so many in the world have to face, even today, when addressing what kind of government their country needs. Even in most western democracies, the issues of liberty have at least a peripheral... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- On Ben Carson’s Adventism, Creationism, and the Bible
- mirrorrorrim: Raymond Swenson, I agree that Ben Carson’s beliefs are very different...
- Raymond Swenson: Apart from belief in God being creator of the earth, Adam, Eve, and the...
- Brad L: It seems that the criticisms are of the basic teaching that homosexual...
- Brad L: nl, I’m not saying that no one should be excommunicated. I’m saying...
- Walter van Beek: I was absent from the blog for some time, going through the exciting and...
Notes From All Over
- Church, Governments and Humanitarian Partners Aid Refugees in Europe November 24, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites November 24, 2015 November 24, 2015
- Faith Leaders Participate in Dedication of New Church Meetinghouse in Washington, D.C. November 23, 2015
- Montreal Quebec Temple Opens Following Rededication November 22, 2015
- Worldwide Mormon Leaders Cheryl Esplin and Neill Marriott Visit Women and Children in Asia November 20, 2015
- First Presidency Expresses Love, Support for French People November 14, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ Captain Moroni ’
July 30, 2012 | one commentBy Kent Larsen