Over the past year or so, I have become increasingly enamored of a popular Brazilian song, one that today makes me tear up simply from hearing the opening chords. On the surface, at least, the song, “Cálice” (Chalice), is quite religious. And its refrain is simple: Father, let this cup pass from me Father, let this cup pass from me Father, let this cup pass from me This cup of bloody red wine. And today, of all days, I think this song is particularly fitting. I will think of it during a moment of silence. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- I was a stranger, and ye took me in
- r. oman: so many times fear wins, fear of the unknown which remains because we do not...
- wreddyornot: Jax, since I have argued for compassion, I won’t argue this: Which...
- Rachel Whipple: A more generous characterization would be “opportunity” rather...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Public Invited to Tour Newly Remodeled Ogden Utah Temple July 29, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 23 July 2014 July 23, 2014
- FamilySearch Volunteers Break International Indexing Record July 23, 2014
- Mormon Youth in Utah Host Special Needs Pioneer Trek July 22, 2014
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Santino Fontana Headline Pioneer Day Concerts July 20, 2014
- Groundbreaking Date Announced for Meridian Idaho Mormon Temple July 18, 2014