Over the past year or so, I have become increasingly enamored of a popular Brazilian song, one that today makes me tear up simply from hearing the opening chords. On the surface, at least, the song, “Cálice” (Chalice), is quite religious. And its refrain is simple: Father, let this cup pass from me Father, let this cup pass from me Father, let this cup pass from me This cup of bloody red wine. And today, of all days, I think this song is particularly fitting. I will think of it during a moment of silence. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- On Conflation; or, Throwing the Baby Out with the Bathwater in 1911
- BHodges: Great post, Ben. Looking forward to seeing your manuscript when it comes in!
- Dave: A full account of the 1911 controversy is available online as Chapter 3 of Sessions...
- Josh Smith: +1 Tim (#27). That’s my experience as well. Someone engaged in learning...
Notes From All Over
- Church to Monitor BSA Policy Discussion May 21, 2015
- Church Dedicates Córdoba Argentina Temple May 17, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 13 May 2015 May 13, 2015
- BYU–Hawaii's Board of Trustees Announces New President May 12, 2015
- Church Issues Update on Health of Leaders May 8, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites May 8, 2015 May 8, 2015