Over the past year or so, I have become increasingly enamored of a popular Brazilian song, one that today makes me tear up simply from hearing the opening chords. On the surface, at least, the song, “Cálice” (Chalice), is quite religious. And its refrain is simple: Father, let this cup pass from me Father, let this cup pass from me Father, let this cup pass from me This cup of bloody red wine. And today, of all days, I think this song is particularly fitting. I will think of it during a moment of silence. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- On Not Reading the Book of Mormon
- jader3rd: I find that General Conference talks tend to be mis-remembered more than...
- Owen: I think this tells us a ton about the origins of scripture, particularly the bible....
- EFF: I’m currently reading the Book of Mormon right now. It’s almost as good...
- Jared vdH: It’s Dutch actually. My father and grandparents emigrated to the US in...
- Chris Kimball: “called to a new bishopric” elides an important distinction....
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Women Auxiliary Leaders Provide Training in the Southeast September 16, 2014
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 15 September 2014 September 15, 2014
- Mormon Temples Currently Under Construction September 11, 2014
- Church Expands Online Resources to Help Individuals Overcome Pornography Addiction September 11, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 10 September 2014 September 10, 2014
- 13th BYU President Formally Installed September 9, 2014