Over the past year or so, I have become increasingly enamored of a popular Brazilian song, one that today makes me tear up simply from hearing the opening chords. On the surface, at least, the song, “Cálice” (Chalice), is quite religious. And its refrain is simple: Father, let this cup pass from me Father, let this cup pass from me Father, let this cup pass from me This cup of bloody red wine. And today, of all days, I think this song is particularly fitting. I will think of it during a moment of silence. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Body of Christ
- Cameron N.: Well, Jesus also said “the only true and living church upon the face of...
- EFF: What is “the church”? If you were to ask the Savior—actually, someone...
Notes From All Over
- Indianapolis Indiana Temple Topped With Angel Moroni Statue October 17, 2014
- Broadway Star Santino Fontana and ‘Sesame Street’ Muppets™ Headline Christmas Concerts October 16, 2014
- Apostle Speaks on 50th Commemoration of 1964 New York World’s Fair October 15, 2014
- 'Meet the Mormons' Pulls in Audiences Nationwide October 11, 2014
- Photo Essay: Prominent Figures Gather for the ‘Meet the Mormons’ Movie Premiere October 10, 2014
- Church Partners With Other Faith Communities in “Faith Counts” Initiative October 10, 2014