Its hard to find poetry about tithing! I suppose since tithing wasn’t emphasized as much by the Church before the beginning of the 20th century, Mormon poets didn’t focus on the concept. Or, it might simply be that the subject matter doesn’t work well in poetry; certainly the word “tithing” isn’t very poetic, leaving me with visions of bad poetry in which every line ends with a present participle. Its enough to set my ears ringing! But, I suspect that tithing is such a basic concept that my chronological review of poetry, still mired in the late 1840s, just... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Letter to a CES StudentThe Only True and Living OpinionReview: For the Cause of Righteousness: A Global History of Blacks and Mormonism, 1830-2013
- Russell: Raymond: Those are interesting questions, and I know more than a few scholars...
- Amy T: RTS, the book is focused, as its title says, on the history of blacks and...
- Raymond Takashi Swenson: Does the book look at the relationship between the Church and its...
Notes From All Over
- Major Earthquake Strikes Nepal April 25, 2015
- Ground Broken for Star Valley Wyoming Temple April 25, 2015
- President Uchtdorf Speaks at Religious Symposium at USC April 24, 2015
- Elder L. Tom Perry to Receive Treatment for Cancer, Elder Richard G. Scott Hospitalized April 24, 2015
- In Argentina, Apostle Says Religious Freedom Is Everyone's Concern April 23, 2015
- In An Open Letter, Faith Leaders Reaffirm Commitment To Marriage And Religious Freedom April 23, 2015