IV Brazilian Mormon Studies Conference Annual Conference of the ABEM (Associação Brasileira de Estudos Mórmons) Theme “The Relationship between Headquarters and Periphery in the LDS Church” January 19, 2013 São Paulo, Brazil Call for Papers In 1830, Joseph Smith organized the Church of Christ in Manchester, New York State, when the movement had only three distinct congregations: one in Manchester / Palmyra, another in South Bainbridge (NY) and third in Harmony (PA). In just over a year, Smith consolidated the three congregations in the area of a fourth and new congregation, directing all his followers to move to... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Questions and Doubts
- Julia S: Blake, thank you. Seriously. You have lightened a burden today. Aaron, thank you...
- Aaron T.: I wish people would quit conflating doubt with reasonable conclusions based on...
- Blake: O, SilverRain, thank you for giving me an opportunity to choose charity over anger....
- Robert C.: (Sorry, one more thought that ties my thoughts above to what you said in your...
- Robert C.: Ben, another excellent post. I wish I had time right now to engage you (and/or...
Notes From All Over
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir Inducted Into the American Classical Music Hall of Fame February 27, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites February 27, 2015 February 27, 2015
- Faith, Family and Religious Freedom Subject of Apostle's Speech at California University February 26, 2015
- Groundbreaking Planned for First Wyoming Temple February 25, 2015
- Senior Missionaries Answer Call to Serve February 20, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 19 February 2015 February 19, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ Brazilian Mormon Studies Conference ’
March 19, 2012 | 4 commentsBy Kent Larsen