Why is it that when blessing infants men always bounce the baby up and down? If you’ve seen many baby blessings, you know what I mean. The father or whoever will pronounce the blessing holds the infant on its back in his outstretched hands while the rest of those invited to participate circle the child, adding their outstretched hands underneath the baby. Often before the blessing even begins and without regard to whether or not the child has uttered the merest hint of a whimper, the men slowly rock the baby up and down, usually gently. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- General Women’s Meeting
- SilverRain: Geoff, your question is so foreign to my way of thinking, I can’t...
- Geoff - Aus: forwardjoe @ 45 Elder Uchtdorf is apparently popular with both conservatives...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- VIDEO: Trujillo Family From Ecuador Answers the Call to Serve October 1, 2014
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 30 September 2014 September 30, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: Preparing for a Worldwide General Conference September 30, 2014
- Church Provides Preview of Historic Site Under Construction in Pennsylvania September 29, 2014
- Church Hosts Second General Women’s Meeting for Women and Girls September 27, 2014
- Church Members Look Forward to Second General Women’s Meeting September 24, 2014