There is no shortage of poetry about Joseph Smith, the subject of lesson 23 of the Lorenzo Snow manual. But Snow’s views on Joseph Smith are focused not on his martyrdom or on his role as the initial prophet of this dispensation. Instead, Snow focuses on Joseph Smith’s character—an unusual subject for the early Mormon poetry I’ve collected so far. But the following poem does briefly mention some of Joseph Smith’s character traits: Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Visitor at a missionary reunion
- Naismith: Very moving. My husband served in Muslim country, and by the time we could...
- Craig H.: That’s really nice Wilfried, and heartbreakingly true.
- Silfo: Gosh I didn’t mean anything like credulous dupes! Perhaps an example will...
- Nathaniel Givens: Slifo- Perhaps Santa Claus deceptions are actually… a pacifying...
- Mary Ann: #17 Martin – “Its what I liked best about C. Strayer’s talk – that...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Church Provides Preview of Historic Site Under Construction in Pennsylvania September 29, 2014
- Church Hosts Second General Women’s Meeting for Women and Girls September 27, 2014
- Pew: Religion Losing Influence in America September 24, 2014
- Church History Museum Closes for Interior Renovation September 24, 2014
- Exhibit Highlights Women in the Scriptures September 24, 2014
- Church Members Look Forward to Second General Women’s Meeting September 24, 2014