Now that I've read my first chapter of Approaching Zion, a couple more caveats before we get started. First, I'm not going to bother summarizing what Nibley said. Instead, I'm going to try to engage it, responding to ideas that engaged me, whether I agree or disagree. Second, I'm not going to try to engage with the full text; in Chapter 1, there were two things that really spoke to me, and one more that I'm going to mention and defer until a later installment. Feel free, in the comments, to engage with what I've engaged with, what I've... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- New Polygamy Essays
- Joni: How, specifically, did plural marriages benefit the Church? I can’t think of...
- adano: J.A.T.: It’s not so tidy. If you have a deceased ancestor who was not LDS in...
- John Harrison: Julie, I don’t have much to add. Just wanted to say that you are...
- Julie M. Smith: Marcus, you picked exactly the wrong day to complain about the church not...
- Marcus: It is my sincere hope that if there is a God it is not the capricious trickster...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 20 October October 20, 2014
- Indianapolis Indiana Temple Topped With Angel Moroni Statue October 17, 2014
- Broadway Star Santino Fontana and ‘Sesame Street’ Muppets™ Headline Christmas Concerts October 16, 2014
- Apostle Speaks on 50th Commemoration of 1964 New York World’s Fair October 15, 2014
- 'Meet the Mormons' Pulls in Audiences Nationwide October 11, 2014
- Photo Essay: Prominent Figures Gather for the ‘Meet the Mormons’ Movie Premiere October 10, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ beauty ’
May 8, 2013 | 21 commentsBy Sam Brunson
June 5, 2009 | 83 commentsBy Kaimi Wenger
This month’s Ensign contains a talk by Elder Douglas L Callister of the Seventy (a slightly edited reprint of a prior talk, actually) titled, “Our Refined Heavenly Home.” Some thoughts on reading over the talk: Read more »