Now that I've read my first chapter of Approaching Zion, a couple more caveats before we get started. First, I'm not going to bother summarizing what Nibley said. Instead, I'm going to try to engage it, responding to ideas that engaged me, whether I agree or disagree. Second, I'm not going to try to engage with the full text; in Chapter 1, there were two things that really spoke to me, and one more that I'm going to mention and defer until a later installment. Feel free, in the comments, to engage with what I've engaged with, what I've... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Planting the Seed: Theological Works by LDS Women
- Rachel Woodhouse: I agree with Joanne on the name of the database, please don’t put...
- your food allergy is fake: #54 “. . but that does not mean they are the same, nor...
- Joseph M: Depending on How you count Elder Renlund between 16 and 20% of the top...
Notes From All Over
- Elder Sitati Addresses Race, Self-Reliance and Church Growth in Africa October 12, 2015
- New Presiding Bishopric Announced October 9, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites October 9, 2015 October 9, 2015
- Mormonism in Pictures: Reflections of General Conference Fall 2015 October 9, 2015
- Church Recognized for Saving Electricity and Protecting the Environment October 8, 2015
- Leadership Changes in Presidency of the Seventy Announced October 6, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ beauty ’
May 8, 2013 | 21 commentsBy Sam Brunson
June 5, 2009 | 83 commentsBy Kaimi Wenger
This month’s Ensign contains a talk by Elder Douglas L Callister of the Seventy (a slightly edited reprint of a prior talk, actually) titled, “Our Refined Heavenly Home.” Some thoughts on reading over the talk: Read more »