I’m pleased that Julie has begun a series of posts that cover this year’s lessons on the Book of Mormon. With this post I will begin a kind of companion series: Mormon poetry and literary texts that can accompany each week’s lessons. Since Mormon literature often gets short shrift (usually from those who haven’t actually read what they dismiss), I think that connecting this literature to a regular part of our worship may help members become more aware of and familiar with our culture. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Only True and Living OpinionReview: For the Cause of Righteousness: A Global History of Blacks and Mormonism, 1830-2013
- Russell: Raymond: Those are interesting questions, and I know more than a few scholars...
- Amy T: RTS, the book is focused, as its title says, on the history of blacks and...
- Raymond Takashi Swenson: Does the book look at the relationship between the Church and its...
Notes From All Over
- Elder L. Tom Perry to Receive Treatment for Cancer, Elder Richard G. Scott Hospitalized April 24, 2015
- In Argentina, Apostle Says Religious Freedom Is Everyone's Concern April 23, 2015
- In An Open Letter, Faith Leaders Reaffirm Commitment To Marriage And Religious Freedom April 23, 2015
- Mormons Practice 100 Years of Family Home Evening April 21, 2015
- Payson Utah Temple Opens Doors to the Public April 21, 2015
- New Mormon Institute of Religion Building Dedicated on Arizona Campus April 20, 2015