I’m pleased that Julie has begun a series of posts that cover this year’s lessons on the Book of Mormon. With this post I will begin a kind of companion series: Mormon poetry and literary texts that can accompany each week’s lessons. Since Mormon literature often gets short shrift (usually from those who haven’t actually read what they dismiss), I think that connecting this literature to a regular part of our worship may help members become more aware of and familiar with our culture. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Most Important Question about the Future of Mormonism
- Mike: > My prediction is that in the coming generations Mormonism will be dominated by...
- Clark Goble: It seems, for instance, those churches that have tended to embrace the...
- FarSide: I, too, have problems with the marriage analogy. Indeed, I have problems with any...
- Dave K: Nate, I’ve given more thought to your marriage analogy. Setting aside for...
- nateoman: Mathew: I don’t think that those who are carping on the internet are...
Notes From All Over
- Interfaith Video Competition Winners Announced August 31, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites August 31, 2015 August 31, 2015
- President Uchtdorf Dedicates New Addition to Church’s Polynesian Cultural Center in Hawaii August 29, 2015
- Church Creates Original Video Series on Addiction Recovery August 28, 2015
- Angel Moroni Lifted to the Top of the Fort Collins Colorado Temple August 27, 2015
- Church to Go Forward with Scouting Program August 26, 2015