I’m pleased that Julie has begun a series of posts that cover this year’s lessons on the Book of Mormon. With this post I will begin a kind of companion series: Mormon poetry and literary texts that can accompany each week’s lessons. Since Mormon literature often gets short shrift (usually from those who haven’t actually read what they dismiss), I think that connecting this literature to a regular part of our worship may help members become more aware of and familiar with our culture. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- New Polygamy Essays
- adano: J.A.T.: It’s not so tidy. If you have a deceased ancestor who was not LDS in...
- John Harrison: Julie, I don’t have much to add. Just wanted to say that you are...
- J.A.T.: “The precise nature of these relationships in the next life is not known, and many...
- Julie M. Smith: Marcus, you picked exactly the wrong day to complain about the church not...
- Marcus: It is my sincere hope that if there is a God it is not the capricious trickster...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 20 October October 20, 2014
- Indianapolis Indiana Temple Topped With Angel Moroni Statue October 17, 2014
- Broadway Star Santino Fontana and ‘Sesame Street’ Muppets™ Headline Christmas Concerts October 16, 2014
- Apostle Speaks on 50th Commemoration of 1964 New York World’s Fair October 15, 2014
- 'Meet the Mormons' Pulls in Audiences Nationwide October 11, 2014
- Photo Essay: Prominent Figures Gather for the ‘Meet the Mormons’ Movie Premiere October 10, 2014