One of the most stunning acts of persecution in the scriptures has to be the attack on the believers in Ammonihah described in Alma 14. Those who have heeded the words of Alma and Amulek, men, women and children, are taken by the mob, bound and cast into fire, along with their scriptures while Alma and Amulek are forced to watch. In consternation, the missionaries face the problem of evil in a very personal and immediate way and Alma is constrained by the spirit not to intervene. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- “A New Affirmation on Marriage”: A sneer at the Mormon Church?
- Wilfried: I apologize for not responding to each commenter individually. Some thoughts: On...
- rah: I think very few people are advocating for opening the temple ceremony to non-members...
- Cameron N.: Maybe a review of Jehovah’s comments on families choosing to divide...
Notes From All Over
- Historic Vatican Summit on Strengthening Marriage Concludes November 19, 2014
- At Vatican Summit, Mormon Leader Calls for “Renaissance” of Happy Marriages November 18, 2014
- Church Moves Forward With Expansion Plans for Provo MTC November 18, 2014
- 'Glorious’ Video Compilation Features Singers Around the World November 18, 2014
- Vatican Summit: Global Faith Leaders Discuss Marriage November 17, 2014
- PHOTO: Pope Francis Greets President Eyring November 17, 2014