Bruce Feiler’s daughter was just five when she pitched him a question right to the gut of religious experience: “Daddy, if I speak to God, will he listen?” Feiler writes books on the Bible and God for a living, so he’d presumably given the question some thought. Nevertheless he had no good answer ready for his daughter. So he did what any loving parent would do: answered the question with an inartful dodge, and then wrote about it in the New York Times style section. How do we answer our children’s questions about God, he asked, when we are... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Messianicity & Historicity
- Clark Goble: Mattathias, doesn’t the Nephite wars under Mormon and Moroni undermine...
- Jack: Adam, I think you need to walk on this dusty planet a little longer. Sure, you feel...
- rameumptom: Would I be wrong to consider this idea on the same level as ancient Hebrews...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | Jan 23 January 22, 2015
- Catholic Archbishop Delivers Message on Religious Freedom at Brigham Young University January 22, 2015
- Reid L. Neilson Named Assistant Church Historian and Recorder January 22, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 22 January 2015 January 21, 2015
- Mormonism In the News: Getting It Right | January 22, 2015 January 21, 2015
- The Humanitarian Impulse January 20, 2015