The final lesson for the Book of Mormon Gospel Doctrine class covers Moroni 7-10, the final Book of Mormon prophet’s closing advice to readers, including teachings about faith, hope and charity, the conditions of salvation, spiritual gifts, the role of the Holy Ghost, and how to judge between good and evil. The motivation for this latter counsel is somewhat captured in this poem, which looks at the extremes to which our friends can sometimes push us, and the feeling of being lost or torn between opposites that can happen if we try to follow their advice. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Polygamy: Public Practice
- Josh Smith: Dave, I read the Hales article posted above. I’m discouraged. And more...
- Old Man: Dave, I appreciate this discussion and I do like Hardy’s work. Thanks for...
- Dave: And as long as I am adding links on this suddenly hot topic, here is another: Laura...
- Mark B.: I’m still wondering where the “c” is in Fliegerabwehrkanone.
- mirrorrorrim: Alison, that makes it even funnier. For Sister Rosemary Wixom in particular,...
- Nathaniel Givens: Trond- You’ve contrasted one implausible and extreme scenario to...
Notes From All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 31 March 2015 March 31, 2015
- Church Leaders Focus on Family and Service at General Women's Session March 28, 2015
- Church Shares 'Because He Lives' Easter Initiative March 27, 2015
- In a Game of Total Victory We All Lose March 27, 2015
- Two Faiths Find Common Ground at Vancouver, Washington Easter Concert March 27, 2015
- In Post-Storm Vanuatu, Mormons Quick to Rebuild March 27, 2015