The Twitters tell me that 80 years ago today, Utah became the 36th state to ratify the 21st Amendment, thus ending Prohibition. Whatever you think about Prohibition, it's probably worth noting the Pres. Grant was not a fan of its end. In fact, he addressed the end of Prohibition---and Utah's role in ending it---at General Conference in 1934. Here's an (annotated by me) excerpt of what he said: Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Magic and Mechanisms
- IsaacH: Hi Dave, I think it is possible to read section 19 without calling it a deception,...
- Dave R: Nathaniel, So I think it’s interesting that as a nonliteral Mormon, I can...
- Nathaniel Givens: Slifo- I think the crux of your argument is this: Today’s expanded and...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 30 September 2014 September 30, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: Preparing for a Worldwide General Conference September 30, 2014
- Church Provides Preview of Historic Site Under Construction in Pennsylvania September 29, 2014
- Church Hosts Second General Women’s Meeting for Women and Girls September 27, 2014
- Church History Museum Closes for Interior Renovation September 24, 2014
- Church Members Look Forward to Second General Women’s Meeting September 24, 2014