The Twitters tell me that 80 years ago today, Utah became the 36th state to ratify the 21st Amendment, thus ending Prohibition. Whatever you think about Prohibition, it's probably worth noting the Pres. Grant was not a fan of its end. In fact, he addressed the end of Prohibition---and Utah's role in ending it---at General Conference in 1934. Here's an (annotated by me) excerpt of what he said: Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Unwritten Order of Things, Revisited
- Thoroughly Modified Millie: OK, Mark B., I will admit that there was too much snark in my...
- A Turtle Named Mack: I am not looking forward to Elder Packer’s death, but...
- Dave: Glenn, I think I am saying that the phrase “unwritten order of things”...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 22 September 2014 September 22, 2014
- Ogden Utah Temple Rededicated by President Thomas S. Monson September 21, 2014
- Civil Society and the Church September 19, 2014
- FamilySearch Initiative Invites People to #MeetMyGrandma September 19, 2014
- Women Auxiliary Leaders Provide Training in the Southeast September 16, 2014
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 15 September 2014 September 15, 2014