I had an interesting conversation the other night with a man in my ward. He is a wonderful human being with a wonderful wife raising a wonderful familyâ€¦ one of those people you are delighted to see called as the Gospel Doctrine teacher because you know things are going to get interesting and real, while staying firmly grounded in the scriptures. He is one of my favorite people. Read more »
- The Three Neophytes
- whizzbang: Apostles come from all shapes and sizes, some are very well educated and some...
- mirrorrorrim: I have a couple of thoughts about this. First, I think most people are...
- Cameron N.: If nothing else, I will be glad to hear him speak more. His talks are very...
- WalkerW: “Adam was placed in the Garden of Eden “to dress it and to keep it”...
- Mike: Six days shalt thou labor… I suggest that half or even most of Sabbath...
Notes From All Over
- New Presiding Bishopric Announced October 9, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites October 9, 2015 October 9, 2015
- Mormonism in Pictures: Reflections of General Conference Fall 2015 October 9, 2015
- Church Recognized for Saving Electricity and Protecting the Environment October 8, 2015
- Leadership Changes in Presidency of the Seventy Announced October 6, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | October 5, 2015 October 5, 2015
Missionaries spend from two weeks to three months in an MTC learning how to be a missionary. Many have also taken missionary preparation classes, or served mini-missions to help them prepare for their new life in the field. Returning missionaries preparing for their new life at home receive a half-sheet of counsel that says, in essence, â€œbe good and good luck.â€ Read more »
Several years ago I read a delightful book on creativity, The Artistâ€™s Way, by Julia Cameron. It was full of interesting questions: â€œList ten tiny changes youâ€™d like to make for yourself.â€ â€œWhat would you do as a career if you had seven more lives to live?â€ â€œIf I didnâ€™t have to do it perfectly I would tryâ€¦.â€ â€œList twenty things youâ€™d like to do before you die.â€ Read more »
My grandmother, mother, and I all served missions, so I was delighted when my firstborn announced her intention to serve, submitted her papers, received her call. Little did I know. Read more »
The other day somebody sent me a YouTube link for a comedian Iâ€™ll call Mrs. Jones. Mrs. Jones was a chubby gramdma with hot flashes â€“ not the kind of person you usually see doing stand-up. Most of the â€œfunnyâ€ email forwarded to me makes me sigh and hit the delete button. Mrs. Jones made me laugh out loud. It felt sort of weird. Which made me realize that I donâ€™t laugh nearly enough Read more »