Recently, the Maxwell Institute announced a significant change of course on its website—one that re-directs the Institute’s focus away from apologetics and Mormon-centered research and toward a more generic emphasis on religious scholarship. The “bloggernacle” had actually been abuzz about rumors of these developments since before they were officially confirmed. (For a non-exhaustive sample of related posts and articles see: here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here). Cause for Concern Many of us who care deeply about Mormon research and scholarship have witnessed these developments unfold with some... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Polygamy: Public Practice
- Josh Smith: Dave, I read the Hales article posted above. I’m discouraged. And more...
- Old Man: Dave, I appreciate this discussion and I do like Hardy’s work. Thanks for...
- Dave: And as long as I am adding links on this suddenly hot topic, here is another: Laura...
- Mark B.: I’m still wondering where the “c” is in Fliegerabwehrkanone.
- mirrorrorrim: Alison, that makes it even funnier. For Sister Rosemary Wixom in particular,...
- Nathaniel Givens: Trond- You’ve contrasted one implausible and extreme scenario to...
Notes From All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 31 March 2015 March 31, 2015
- Church Leaders Focus on Family and Service at General Women's Session March 28, 2015
- Church Shares 'Because He Lives' Easter Initiative March 27, 2015
- In a Game of Total Victory We All Lose March 27, 2015
- Two Faiths Find Common Ground at Vancouver, Washington Easter Concert March 27, 2015
- In Post-Storm Vanuatu, Mormons Quick to Rebuild March 27, 2015
June 29, 2012 | 112 commentsBy David Bohn