Despite being unfairly ambushed on the subject of religion prior to a recent performance on the Norwegian-Swedish television show Skavlan, Brandon Flowers admirably stood up for his faith, shying away from neither the battery of questions on his Mormonism by Norwegian journalist Fredrik Skavlan and others nor the full-on frontal assault on Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon and God by surprise guest Richard Dawkins. While it was clear Flowers would have rather been talking about his music and his band, he nevertheless responded directly to questions about whether he actually believes the origin story of the Mormon faith and proactively cut into a Dawkins’ screed about the Book of Mormon being a work of “charlatanry.” In the face of being waylaid by the sophists, Flowers’ true character shone through. He’s a credit to Mormons everywhere.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Review: First Principles and Ordinances
- Ben S: I’m reading through it, and will offer a short review at the Scribe , soonish.
- Dave: Thanks for the comments, everyone. I hope that other readers who have read this...
- J Lawrence: Thanks for the review. Your observations on the holes in the LDS doctrine of...
- Miriam Crawford: Wonderful loving semtiments. I indentified with each of them.
Notes From All Over
- MOTION GRAPHIC: LDS Charities Helps Provide Immunizations Around the World June 29, 2015
- Supreme Court Decision Will Not Alter Doctrine on Marriage June 26, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites June 25, 2015 June 25, 2015
- People and Place June 23, 2015
- Journalist Notes Similarities on Environmental Stewardship Between Faiths June 23, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: LDS Charities Helps Provide Clean Water Around the Globe June 22, 2015
The Waylaying of Brandon Flowers
September 11, 2012 | 80 commentsBy Marc Bohn