Despite being unfairly ambushed on the subject of religion prior to a recent performance on the Norwegian-Swedish television show Skavlan, Brandon Flowers admirably stood up for his faith, shying away from neither the battery of questions on his Mormonism by Norwegian journalist Fredrik Skavlan and others nor the full-on frontal assault on Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon and God by surprise guest Richard Dawkins. While it was clear Flowers would have rather been talking about his music and his band, he nevertheless responded directly to questions about whether he actually believes the origin story of the Mormon faith and proactively cut into a Dawkins’ screed about the Book of Mormon being a work of “charlatanry.” In the face of being waylaid by the sophists, Flowers’ true character shone through. He’s a credit to Mormons everywhere.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- What to Expect When You Are Expecting . . . A Bishopric Call
- Ben S.: Huh. That runs counter to several biographies, which strongly suggest or bluntly...
- ji: http://www.juvenileinstructor. org/n-eldon-tanner-on-the-b...
- New Iconoclast: Re. Mark’s #10, joining the discussion late as usual: the military...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- FamilySearch Initiative Invites People to #MeetMyGrandma September 19, 2014
- Civil Society and the Church September 19, 2014
- Women Auxiliary Leaders Provide Training in the Southeast September 16, 2014
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 15 September 2014 September 15, 2014
- Mormon Temples Currently Under Construction September 11, 2014
- Church Expands Online Resources to Help Individuals Overcome Pornography Addiction September 11, 2014
The Waylaying of Brandon Flowers
September 11, 2012 | 80 commentsBy Marc Bohn