The deadline is approaching for the 2012 Summer Seminar on Mormon Culture. Applications are due February 15th for this 6-week seminar for graduate students and junior faculty, continuing for a second year with the theme of “The Gold Plates as Cultural Artifact.” The seminar will be led by Richard Bushman, Professor of History Emeritus at Columbia University. Click here for full details and the application form, in Word (.doc) format or PDF format.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- My Theory of the Church’s Statement on the Change in BSA Policy
- Owen: Perhaps this could be an opportunity for the church to adopt a more normal mode of...
- cinepro: How great would it be to have such willing volunteers for any BSA troop, LDS or...
- ji: I have to believe that none of the large corporate sponsors who abandoned the BSA on...
- SilverRain: Spending six weeks at home to recover from childbirth is not the same as...
- mirrorrorrim: For me, physical differences distract from spiritual and mental sameness,...
- Raymond Takashi Swenson: Boyd K. Packer was a military pilot who was stationed in Japan...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites July 30, 2015 July 30, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: Helping the Needy; It's a Hand Up July 29, 2015
- Church Re-evaluating Scouting Program July 27, 2015
- Mormonism in Pictures: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Expands Outreach July 23, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir Announces 2016 European Tour July 23, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: LDS Charities Provides Wheelchairs Around the World July 20, 2015
Reminder: Summer Seminar on The Gold Plates as Cultural Artifact, II
January 27, 2012 | no commentsBy Ben Huff