The deadline is approaching for the 2012 Summer Seminar on Mormon Culture. Applications are due February 15th for this 6-week seminar for graduate students and junior faculty, continuing for a second year with the theme of “The Gold Plates as Cultural Artifact.” The seminar will be led by Richard Bushman, Professor of History Emeritus at Columbia University. Click here for full details and the application form, in Word (.doc) format or PDF format.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Magic and Mechanisms
- Adam G.: Damn good essay. Not to seize on aside, but I loved this part: “First,...
- Martin James: Nathaniel, The historical development of science seems to show that what we...
- IsaacH: Dave R, This has been fun, and has made me reread D&C 19 more closely,...
- Anonymous: The Gift and Power: Translating the Book of Mormon (Hardcover) – Brant...
- Randy B.: Yep, what Chris said. By all means, buy those books, but get them at Benchmark!...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 30 September 2014 September 30, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: Preparing for a Worldwide General Conference September 30, 2014
- Church Provides Preview of Historic Site Under Construction in Pennsylvania September 29, 2014
- Church Hosts Second General Women’s Meeting for Women and Girls September 27, 2014
- Church History Museum Closes for Interior Renovation September 24, 2014
- Church Members Look Forward to Second General Women’s Meeting September 24, 2014
Reminder: Summer Seminar on The Gold Plates as Cultural Artifact, II
January 27, 2012 | no commentsBy Ben Huff