Some (Wednesday morning) articles of faith:
1. The gospel is terrifyingly simple: Give up!
2. Stop avoiding the gospel by pretending its complicated.
3. The gospel is not at all simple to talk about. Exempli gratia: “Stop pretending that giving up on the hard work of giving up is the same thing as actually giving up. This is just another excuse – either for still trying (to not give up) or not trying (to give up) at all.”
4. The gospel is not a “plan.” It is not a “map” of the road. The gospel is the road.
5. The gospel is more interesting than any of our explanations of it.