Two New Permabloggers

August 5, 2009 | 10 comments

We are pleased to welcome two new permabloggers to our ranks: Alison Moore Smith and Rory Swensen. Both have recently guest blogged here, so I won’t repeat bio information from earlier welcome posts (see here and here for a refresher). We look forward to their continuing contributions here at T&S.

10 Responses to Two New Permabloggers

1. Marc Bohn on August 5, 2009 at 12:26 pm

Welcome!

2. Kaimi Wenger on August 5, 2009 at 8:32 pm

Welcome aboard!

3. Frank McIntyre on August 5, 2009 at 11:22 pm

We’re glad you decided to join us. Welcome to T&S!

4. Kevin Barney on August 6, 2009 at 12:07 am

Excellent additions to your roster. Congratulations!

5. Edje Jeter on August 6, 2009 at 12:09 am

Congratulations! to T&S and the new permas!

6. Raymond Takashi Swenson on August 6, 2009 at 11:33 am

Anyone whose name is pronounced “Swenson” (the correct Swedish spelling) can’t be all bad.

7. Alison Moore Smith on August 6, 2009 at 12:24 pm

Thank you all very much.

Years ago, an old high school friend visited our ward. I conducted the RS meeting that day. Afterward she came up to me and said, “So, you’re in the presidency? What’s your calling?” When I told her I was the RS president she said, “Wow, they must be hard up.”

So, I have to admit that when Dave contacted me last week about joining, my first thought was, “Um, why?”

But I decided not to think about how the group discussion before the decision might have gone. I’m just excited and honored to be here. And I look forward to having you take me out when I say something stupid. :)

8. Rory Swensen on August 6, 2009 at 2:07 pm

Thanks all.

And Raymond, I appreciate the nod to the spelling. While some of my relatives apostatized early on by adopting the “Swenson” spelling, I am part of the loyal Danish line that retains the “en”.

Nothing against the Swedes, mind you. I even own a Saab. (Classic, pre-GM)

9. barndoor benji on August 6, 2009 at 11:51 pm

Great news! More good reads coming.

10. Bridget Jack Meyers on August 10, 2009 at 5:24 pm

Two excellent choices.

Grats Alison and Rory, I’m looking forward to your posts.