Times & Seasons is happy to introduce our next guest blogger, Robert Ricks. A native of Provo, Utah, Robert served in the Italy Padova Mission and graduated from BYU in Comparative Literature. He studied Arabic for a year in Cairo, Egypt, before embarking on his graduate studies in Arabic at Georgetown University. This past academic year, Robert put his studies on hold to teach at BYU, and he is currently in Amman, Jordan as a co-director of BYU’s intensive Arabic Study Abroad Program. He will return to DC this fall to complete the final stretch of his PhD. In his free time, Robert enjoys running and playing the organ. He is blessed with a fantastic wife, a caring family, and better friends than he deserves.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Messianicity & Historicity
- sjames: Adam, thank you for bringing the work of Giorgio Agamben to the table and your...
- Clark Goble: Jack, I think some justifiably have a concern that people focused on...
- Josh Smith: (Typing on iPad) What if I use the word “detachment”? There is a...
- Clark Goble: Steve, again a fair point. I just think for most people believing that the...
- Steve Smith: Josh, by ‘ambivalent’ do you mean apathetic? Ambivalent would...
Notes From All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 30 January 2015 January 30, 2015
- Construction of Rome Italy Temple to Resume at Normal Pace January 29, 2015
- BYU-Idaho's Board of Trustees Announces New President January 27, 2015
- Mormon Leaders Call for Laws That Protect Religious Freedom January 27, 2015
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | Jan 23 January 23, 2015
- Reid L. Neilson Named Assistant Church Historian and Recorder January 23, 2015
Times & Seasons Welcomes Robert Ricks
May 20, 2009 | 8 commentsBy Marc Bohn