With the theme, “Upon All Nations—Religious Pluralism,” the Society for Mormon Philosophy and Theology’s Sixth Annual Meeting begins this Thursday at 9am. SMPT’s largest conference program yet includes discussions of theological pluralism and interreligious dialogue; comparisons of Mormonism with Buddhism, Catholicism, and other strands of Christianity; and other theological topics. All sessions will be held in Claremont Graduate University’s Stauffer Hall. SMPT’s website lists the conference schedule as well as a list of presenters with titles and abstracts. The conference is held in cooperation with the Howard W. Hunter Chair of Mormon Studies and the Claremont Mormon Studies Student Association.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Rankings, Money, and BYU
- Old Man: Rameumptom, Is the tithing yours to send? As a BYU grad who struggled financially...
- Martin: Rameumptom, I suspect the church’s objective isn’t so much to...
- rameumptom: I have a hard time sending my tithing to subsidize wealthy Mormons attending...
- James Goldberg: Very cool.
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Public Invited to Tour Newly Remodeled Ogden Utah Temple July 29, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 23 July 2014 July 23, 2014
- FamilySearch Volunteers Break International Indexing Record July 23, 2014
- Mormon Youth in Utah Host Special Needs Pioneer Trek July 22, 2014
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Santino Fontana Headline Pioneer Day Concerts July 20, 2014
- Groundbreaking Date Announced for Meridian Idaho Mormon Temple July 18, 2014
SMPT at Claremont This Week
May 17, 2009 | one commentBy Ben Huff