With the theme, “Upon All Nations—Religious Pluralism,” the Society for Mormon Philosophy and Theology’s Sixth Annual Meeting begins this Thursday at 9am. SMPT’s largest conference program yet includes discussions of theological pluralism and interreligious dialogue; comparisons of Mormonism with Buddhism, Catholicism, and other strands of Christianity; and other theological topics. All sessions will be held in Claremont Graduate University’s Stauffer Hall. SMPT’s website lists the conference schedule as well as a list of presenters with titles and abstracts. The conference is held in cooperation with the Howard W. Hunter Chair of Mormon Studies and the Claremont Mormon Studies Student Association.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Data, Doctrines, & Doubts: Improving Gospel Instruction
- fbisti: First, excellent post, excellent talk. I am always in awe of those that can...
- jcobabe: What a marvelous change of pace from standard Bloggernacle fare! I find no spirit...
- John Lundwall: Great post. Great talk. Correct principles in our teaching culture. Good...
- Joni: Around here, the ward/stake pays for Girls Camp, and the parents pay for Cub Scout...
- Pete: mithrandirolorin, “Isn’t that what the Girl Scouts are for” – very...
- Chris Henrichsen: Let us hope this works out better than my guest stint. :)
Notes From All Over
- Interfaith Video Competition Winners Announced August 31, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites August 31, 2015 August 31, 2015
- President Uchtdorf Dedicates New Addition to Church’s Polynesian Cultural Center in Hawaii August 29, 2015
- Church Creates Original Video Series on Addiction Recovery August 28, 2015
- Angel Moroni Lifted to the Top of the Fort Collins Colorado Temple August 27, 2015
- Church to Go Forward with Scouting Program August 26, 2015
SMPT at Claremont This Week
May 17, 2009 | one commentBy Ben Huff