With the theme, “Upon All Nations—Religious Pluralism,” the Society for Mormon Philosophy and Theology’s Sixth Annual Meeting begins this Thursday at 9am. SMPT’s largest conference program yet includes discussions of theological pluralism and interreligious dialogue; comparisons of Mormonism with Buddhism, Catholicism, and other strands of Christianity; and other theological topics. All sessions will be held in Claremont Graduate University’s Stauffer Hall. SMPT’s website lists the conference schedule as well as a list of presenters with titles and abstracts. The conference is held in cooperation with the Howard W. Hunter Chair of Mormon Studies and the Claremont Mormon Studies Student Association.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson #20
- Julie M. Smith: Chadwick, it is so thorny I hesitate to venture a guess. One thing to keep...
- Chadwick: Hi Julie I appreciated your comparison with Mark and Luke. I wonder your thought...
- Cameron N.: Former Stake President of my singles ward at the BYU Provo, Larry Echohawk:...
- EG: When I was on my mission in Mexico (1980s), we often attempted to spark interest in...
- KLC: Dave, I’m old enough to have experienced first hand days of the Indian...
Notes From All Over
- Elder L. Tom Perry Thanks Members and Friends as Health Worsens May 29, 2015
- Elder Oaks Shares Missionary Assignment Process May 28, 2015
- Elder Cook Calls for Global Effort to Protect Faith and Religious Freedom May 27, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites May 26, 2015 May 22, 2015
- War of 1812, End of Civil War 150th Anniversary Commemorated May 22, 2015
- Church to Monitor BSA Policy Discussion May 21, 2015
SMPT at Claremont This Week
May 17, 2009 | one commentBy Ben Huff