With the theme, “Upon All Nations—Religious Pluralism,” the Society for Mormon Philosophy and Theology’s Sixth Annual Meeting begins this Thursday at 9am. SMPT’s largest conference program yet includes discussions of theological pluralism and interreligious dialogue; comparisons of Mormonism with Buddhism, Catholicism, and other strands of Christianity; and other theological topics. All sessions will be held in Claremont Graduate University’s Stauffer Hall. SMPT’s website lists the conference schedule as well as a list of presenters with titles and abstracts. The conference is held in cooperation with the Howard W. Hunter Chair of Mormon Studies and the Claremont Mormon Studies Student Association.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- New Polygamy Essays
- jill: Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences with me–I appreciate that....
- ABM: Steve, The things you mention are really only known spiritually. The...
- Steve Smith: @Cameron, to mention a few: God has a body of flesh and bones, people lived...
Notes From All Over
- Difference and Dignity October 24, 2014
- Entertainer Donny Osmond to Speak at RootsTech 2015 October 23, 2014
- Church Updates Temple Garment Video October 22, 2014
- Young Women Leader Shares Message of Faith With Girl Scouts October 22, 2014
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 20 October October 20, 2014
- Indianapolis Indiana Temple Topped With Angel Moroni Statue October 17, 2014
SMPT at Claremont This Week
May 17, 2009 | one commentBy Ben Huff