Richard and Claudia Bushman, Jana Riess, Terryl Givens, and Michael Paulson are among the speakers at Utah Valley University’s conference next Thursday and Friday (April 2-3) on “Mormonism in the Public Mind,” addressing public perceptions of Mormonism and LDS efforts to shape those public perceptions. Presentation titles such as “Political Discourse and the Latter-day Saints,” “Symbols and Boundary Maintenance,” and “LDS Public Relations: Strategies and Applications,” indicate some of the ways these themes will be developed. All sessions are free and open to the public.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Women and the Church – Constructively Engaging the Arguments
- Nathaniel Givens: Naismith- To be fair, the entire “world” does not embrace the...
- Nathaniel Givens: rogerdhansen- You are defending an organization structure that you admit...
- rogerdhansen: Nathaniel, I very much agree with you when say “I absolutely do not...
- rogerdhansen: Michael, I agree with you statement “People suffer more when they make...
- Michael McNew: People suffer more when they make themselves victims. Here a radio host...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 23 August August 23, 2014
- Ground Broken for Meridian Idaho Temple August 23, 2014
- Apostle Calls for Uplifting Social Media Messages to Sweep the Earth August 19, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: What Do Mormon Teens Do? August 14, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 13 August 2014 August 13, 2014
- “This Is a Woman’s Church,” Says Director of Humanitarian Services and LDS Charities August 12, 2014
Mormonism in the Public Mind at UVU
March 28, 2009 | one commentBy Ben Huff