Richard and Claudia Bushman, Jana Riess, Terryl Givens, and Michael Paulson are among the speakers at Utah Valley University’s conference next Thursday and Friday (April 2-3) on “Mormonism in the Public Mind,” addressing public perceptions of Mormonism and LDS efforts to shape those public perceptions. Presentation titles such as “Political Discourse and the Latter-day Saints,” “Symbols and Boundary Maintenance,” and “LDS Public Relations: Strategies and Applications,” indicate some of the ways these themes will be developed. All sessions are free and open to the public.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Perversity of OrthodoxyMy Theory of the Church’s Statement on the Change in BSA Policy
- ji: I have long wondered why it is acceptable for church members and officers in the U.S....
- WillF: Back when I was a Cubmaster I went to a regional scout leader training session held...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites July 30, 2015 July 30, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: Helping the Needy; It's a Hand Up July 29, 2015
- Church Re-evaluating Scouting Program July 27, 2015
- Mormonism in Pictures: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Expands Outreach July 23, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir Announces 2016 European Tour July 23, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: LDS Charities Provides Wheelchairs Around the World July 20, 2015
Mormonism in the Public Mind at UVU
March 28, 2009 | one commentBy Ben Huff