Richard and Claudia Bushman, Jana Riess, Terryl Givens, and Michael Paulson are among the speakers at Utah Valley University’s conference next Thursday and Friday (April 2-3) on “Mormonism in the Public Mind,” addressing public perceptions of Mormonism and LDS efforts to shape those public perceptions. Presentation titles such as “Political Discourse and the Latter-day Saints,” “Symbols and Boundary Maintenance,” and “LDS Public Relations: Strategies and Applications,” indicate some of the ways these themes will be developed. All sessions are free and open to the public.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Terryl Givens on What It Means to Sustain
- Jeff walsh: Jack of Hearts I think you are being disingenuous in dismissing Ronald K...
- Jack of Hearts: “Coming now to your statements that David O McKay supposedly set up...
- Jeff walsh: I feel I must disabuse the minds of those who seem to assume that my comments...
Notes From All Over
- Ground Broken for First Central Africa Temple February 12, 2016
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir Invites Fans to Join Virtual Hallelujah Chorus February 12, 2016
- With Kinshasa Temple Groundbreaking, Church Growing Rapidly in Africa February 12, 2016
- Freedmen's Bureau Project Reaches Halfway Point February 12, 2016
- Church Urges “Cautious Approach” on Medical Marijuana Issue in Utah February 12, 2016
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites February 11, 2016 February 11, 2016
Mormonism in the Public Mind at UVU
March 28, 2009 | one commentBy Ben Huff