Richard and Claudia Bushman, Jana Riess, Terryl Givens, and Michael Paulson are among the speakers at Utah Valley University’s conference next Thursday and Friday (April 2-3) on “Mormonism in the Public Mind,” addressing public perceptions of Mormonism and LDS efforts to shape those public perceptions. Presentation titles such as “Political Discourse and the Latter-day Saints,” “Symbols and Boundary Maintenance,” and “LDS Public Relations: Strategies and Applications,” indicate some of the ways these themes will be developed. All sessions are free and open to the public.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- When to Disobey
- robert: Disobey when the command makes no sense. You are ultimately in control of yourself...
- Steve Smith: DQ, I’ve seen a lot of Pharisee-like behavior in the LDS church and...
- Steve Smith: Jonathan, OK I acknowledge some oversight on my part on the issue of...
Notes From All Over
- Church to Send Email Messages to Members Worldwide November 25, 2014
- The Voice of Religious Conscience November 25, 2014
- Mormons Join Christians Around the World to Celebrate the Bible November 25, 2014
- Violin Phenom Lindsey Stirling to Live Chat Online with Mormon Youth November 24, 2014
- Faith Online: In Your Own Words | 21 November 2014 November 21, 2014
- Historic Vatican Summit on Strengthening Marriage Concludes November 19, 2014
Mormonism in the Public Mind at UVU
March 28, 2009 | one commentBy Ben Huff