I am very glad to introduce to you our next guest blogger, Matt Grow. We thought this would be a good time to have Matt blog with us because he just had a book come out last week from Yale University Press, Liberty to the Downtrodden: Thomas L. Kane, Romantic Reformer, on an important and colorful figure in early Mormon history. Adam and I knew Matt when we were all graduate students at Notre Dame a few years back. Matt had such a mild manner and understated style that you never knew when he was going to say something painfully funny, or do something very ambitious and make it look easy. Matt and his wife Alyssa are the parents of three children, ages 6, 4, and 2. Matt is now Assistant Professor of History at University of Southern Indiana and coauthoring a biography of Parley Pratt with Terryl Givens. I know we will enjoy hearing from him.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Seminary WoesPractical Apologetics: HistoricityNew Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson #5
- Ben S: Robert Alter spends a chapter on type-scenes and wells in his Art of Biblical...
- jader3rd: While I realize that some hookups went on around the watering well sometimes,...
Notes From All Over
- Construction of Rome Italy Temple to Resume at Normal Pace January 29, 2015
- Mormon Leaders Call for Laws That Protect Religious Freedom January 27, 2015
- BYU-Idaho's Board of Trustees Announces New President January 27, 2015
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | Jan 23 January 23, 2015
- Catholic Archbishop Delivers Message on Religious Freedom at Brigham Young University January 23, 2015
- Reid L. Neilson Named Assistant Church Historian and Recorder January 23, 2015
Welcome Guest Blogger Matt Grow
February 10, 2009 | 15 commentsBy Ben Huff