I am very glad to introduce to you our next guest blogger, Matt Grow. We thought this would be a good time to have Matt blog with us because he just had a book come out last week from Yale University Press, Liberty to the Downtrodden: Thomas L. Kane, Romantic Reformer, on an important and colorful figure in early Mormon history. Adam and I knew Matt when we were all graduate students at Notre Dame a few years back. Matt had such a mild manner and understated style that you never knew when he was going to say something painfully funny, or do something very ambitious and make it look easy. Matt and his wife Alyssa are the parents of three children, ages 6, 4, and 2. Matt is now Assistant Professor of History at University of Southern Indiana and coauthoring a biography of Parley Pratt with Terryl Givens. I know we will enjoy hearing from him.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- On Not Reading the Book of Mormon
- Owen: I think this tells us a ton about the origins of scripture, particularly the bible....
- EFF: I’m currently reading the Book of Mormon right now. It’s almost as good...
- lemuel: Reminds me of Daymon Smith’s discussion about text and metatext in the...
- Jared vdH: It’s Dutch actually. My father and grandparents emigrated to the US in...
- Chris Kimball: “called to a new bishopric” elides an important distinction....
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Women Auxiliary Leaders Provide Training in the Southeast September 16, 2014
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 15 September 2014 September 15, 2014
- Mormon Temples Currently Under Construction September 11, 2014
- Church Expands Online Resources to Help Individuals Overcome Pornography Addiction September 11, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 10 September 2014 September 10, 2014
- 13th BYU President Formally Installed September 9, 2014
Welcome Guest Blogger Matt Grow
February 10, 2009 | 15 commentsBy Ben Huff