I am very glad to introduce to you our next guest blogger, Matt Grow. We thought this would be a good time to have Matt blog with us because he just had a book come out last week from Yale University Press, Liberty to the Downtrodden: Thomas L. Kane, Romantic Reformer, on an important and colorful figure in early Mormon history. Adam and I knew Matt when we were all graduate students at Notre Dame a few years back. Matt had such a mild manner and understated style that you never knew when he was going to say something painfully funny, or do something very ambitious and make it look easy. Matt and his wife Alyssa are the parents of three children, ages 6, 4, and 2. Matt is now Assistant Professor of History at University of Southern Indiana and coauthoring a biography of Parley Pratt with Terryl Givens. I know we will enjoy hearing from him.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Day of the Lamanite, Deferred
- Cameron N.: Former Stake President of my singles ward at the BYU Provo, Larry Echohawk:...
- EG: When I was on my mission in Mexico (1980s), we often attempted to spark interest in...
- KLC: Dave, I’m old enough to have experienced first hand days of the Indian...
- Cat: Old Man – You are correct. Women have been and we have (both sides of the...
- Old Man: “How many projects will it take to let Women sit at the table.” I...
Notes From All Over
- Elder Oaks Shares Missionary Assignment Process May 28, 2015
- Elder Cook Calls for Global Effort to Protect Faith and Religious Freedom May 27, 2015
- War of 1812, End of Civil War 150th Anniversary Commemorated May 22, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites May 26, 2015 May 22, 2015
- Church to Monitor BSA Policy Discussion May 21, 2015
- Church Dedicates Córdoba Argentina Temple May 17, 2015
Welcome Guest Blogger Matt Grow
February 10, 2009 | 15 commentsBy Ben Huff