I am very glad to introduce to you our next guest blogger, Matt Grow. We thought this would be a good time to have Matt blog with us because he just had a book come out last week from Yale University Press, Liberty to the Downtrodden: Thomas L. Kane, Romantic Reformer, on an important and colorful figure in early Mormon history. Adam and I knew Matt when we were all graduate students at Notre Dame a few years back. Matt had such a mild manner and understated style that you never knew when he was going to say something painfully funny, or do something very ambitious and make it look easy. Matt and his wife Alyssa are the parents of three children, ages 6, 4, and 2. Matt is now Assistant Professor of History at University of Southern Indiana and coauthoring a biography of Parley Pratt with Terryl Givens. I know we will enjoy hearing from him.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- My Theory of the Church’s Statement on the Change in BSA Policy
- Brian Rostron: Canadian Scouts are co-ed although LDS troops are exempted; maybe he...
- RW: A different take: An acquaintance was the head of Boy Scouts in Canada quite a few...
- Old Man: Owen, I seriously salute your ten years of service to BSA. But your comment #103...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites July 30, 2015 July 30, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: Helping the Needy; It's a Hand Up July 29, 2015
- Church Re-evaluating Scouting Program July 27, 2015
- Mormonism in Pictures: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Expands Outreach July 23, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir Announces 2016 European Tour July 23, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: LDS Charities Provides Wheelchairs Around the World July 20, 2015
Welcome Guest Blogger Matt Grow
February 10, 2009 | 15 commentsBy Ben Huff