I am very glad to introduce to you our next guest blogger, Matt Grow. We thought this would be a good time to have Matt blog with us because he just had a book come out last week from Yale University Press, Liberty to the Downtrodden: Thomas L. Kane, Romantic Reformer, on an important and colorful figure in early Mormon history. Adam and I knew Matt when we were all graduate students at Notre Dame a few years back. Matt had such a mild manner and understated style that you never knew when he was going to say something painfully funny, or do something very ambitious and make it look easy. Matt and his wife Alyssa are the parents of three children, ages 6, 4, and 2. Matt is now Assistant Professor of History at University of Southern Indiana and coauthoring a biography of Parley Pratt with Terryl Givens. I know we will enjoy hearing from him.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Church Sticks with Boys
- Wilfried: Thanks, Alison. Amen. There is something strange about the church’s statement...
- George S: Unfortunately, Segullah, the Church Handbook 1 explicitly prohibits members from...
- Mortimer: Amen Alison!
- Clark Goble: Yes, but there are people who can’t attend who I’d call Mormon....
- Frank Mcintyre: Clark, my thoughts on retention are similar to yours. But i guess...
Notes From All Over
- Angel Moroni Lifted to the Top of the Fort Collins Colorado Temple August 27, 2015
- Church to Go Forward with Scouting Program August 26, 2015
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | August 25, 2015 August 25, 2015
- First Latter-day Saint Temple in Indiana Dedicated August 23, 2015
- Frankfurt Germany Temple to Close for Renovation August 20, 2015
- Women Church Leaders Appointed to Leadership Councils August 19, 2015
Welcome Guest Blogger Matt Grow
February 10, 2009 | 15 commentsBy Ben Huff