I am very glad to introduce to you our next guest blogger, Matt Grow. We thought this would be a good time to have Matt blog with us because he just had a book come out last week from Yale University Press, Liberty to the Downtrodden: Thomas L. Kane, Romantic Reformer, on an important and colorful figure in early Mormon history. Adam and I knew Matt when we were all graduate students at Notre Dame a few years back. Matt had such a mild manner and understated style that you never knew when he was going to say something painfully funny, or do something very ambitious and make it look easy. Matt and his wife Alyssa are the parents of three children, ages 6, 4, and 2. Matt is now Assistant Professor of History at University of Southern Indiana and coauthoring a biography of Parley Pratt with Terryl Givens. I know we will enjoy hearing from him.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson #13
- Julie M. Smith: ponderer, I think there is ample evidence that the second was a Gentile...
- ponderer: Julie thanks for the insights. I was wondering about the common assumption that...
- mirrorrorrim: Thanks, S James, for being so non-confrontational, especially with how...
- Clark Goble: Well we don’t really know what’s going on there and how much of...
- John Lundwall: Clark, I am not suggesting that no real astronomical measurements were...
Notes From All Over
- Annual General Conference Reaches Global Audience March 26, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 25 March 2015 March 25, 2015
- Unity in Diversity March 25, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites March 24, 2015 March 24, 2015
- Church Leaders Visit Caroline Kennedy, U.S. Ambassador to Japan March 20, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 18 March 2015 March 18, 2015
Welcome Guest Blogger Matt Grow
February 10, 2009 | 15 commentsBy Ben Huff