2009 LDS Law Students Conference at Harvard Law School

November 3, 2008 | 8 comments

The J. Reuben Clark Society’s annual student conference will be held this year at Harvard Law School in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Registration is now open, and I urge LDS students, lawyers, and interested laypersons to attend. FYI.

8 Responses to 2009 LDS Law Students Conference at Harvard Law School

1. Matt Evans on November 3, 2008 at 1:11 pm

That’s a fabulous list of speakers — by far the best of any JRCLS event. What in the world is Ogletree going to speak about?

I didn’t know that Lisa Grow was teaching again — and at BYU! What a great catch for BYU.

2. John Taber on November 3, 2008 at 2:07 pm

You mean you’d allow us laypersons in the building? I thought you considered anyone who doesn’t have a JD or LLD to be worse than illiterate. (At least we know there’s such a thing as the truth.)

3. Nate Oman on November 3, 2008 at 2:19 pm

“I thought you considered anyone who doesn’t have a JD or LLD to be worse than illiterate.”

Pretty much…

“(At least we know there’s such a thing as the truth.)”

How?

4. Steve Evans on November 3, 2008 at 2:22 pm

Taber, for someone with lawyers in his own family you’re pretty down on them! Lighten up, buttercup.

5. John Taber on November 3, 2008 at 2:23 pm

Some things just are – such as a stop sign means, well, stop. But if a lawyer comes to a stop sign, he doesn’t stop – he looks for some flaw on the sign (e.g. wrong shade of red, at the wrong angle) so he can make the argument that it doesn’t apply to him. Truth goes out the window every time.

6. Nate Oman on November 3, 2008 at 2:32 pm

John: You clearly have a firm grasp on the nuts and bolts of the legal profession and of legal education. I really don’t have anything that I can add to your incisive remark. Also, I have to go prep for class so that I can teach a new generation of lawyers how to avoid stop signs.

Oh that I had your moral and intellectual clarity!

7. Tony on November 3, 2008 at 2:35 pm

“You mean you’d allow us laypersons in the building? I thought you considered anyone who doesn’t have a JD or LLD to be worse than illiterate.”

Ain’t that the truth…I think the only thing worse than lawyers in general are smug, self-important blogging Mormon lawyers.

I kid, I kid…(sort of)

8. Steve Evans on November 3, 2008 at 2:49 pm

Tony, I’m not an expert, but typically the difference between jokes and insults is that jokes are meant to have an element of humor. Compare:

Tony is a know-nothing moron.

Tony is so dumb, he thinks Meow Mix is a CD for cats.