The FBI released its files on Gordon B. Hinckley last week in response to a FOIA request from the Salt Lake Tribune. Apparently the FBI conducted a background check on President Hinckley in 1951 in order to ensure he wasn’t a communist and clear him for a potential position with Voice of America. The results… no dirt. The verdict seemed to be that this Gordon B. Hinckley was a “loyal American” whose reputation and work ethic were unimpeachable. The whole (slightly redacted) file is pretty interesting and definitely worth a look.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Church Sticks with Boys
- Tim: By my reading, the term “youth” in the statement refers to both genders....
- Nate: ““Fundamentalization” — an ugly word, but it fits.” Sorry. I don’t...
- Dave: “Fundamentalization̶ 1; — an ugly word, but it fits.
- Clark Goble: Yes, but there are people who can’t attend who I’d call Mormon....
- Frank Mcintyre: Clark, my thoughts on retention are similar to yours. But i guess...
Notes From All Over
- Angel Moroni Lifted to the Top of the Fort Collins Colorado Temple August 27, 2015
- Church to Go Forward with Scouting Program August 26, 2015
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | August 25, 2015 August 25, 2015
- First Latter-day Saint Temple in Indiana Dedicated August 23, 2015
- Frankfurt Germany Temple to Close for Renovation August 20, 2015
- Women Church Leaders Appointed to Leadership Councils August 19, 2015
President Hinckley and J. Edgar Hoover
October 20, 2008 | 12 commentsBy Marc Bohn