So my colleagues have caught on to my secret plan to convert them all. A slew of us share our music libraries on our company network through iTunes. My library is decently large so a lot of my co-workers jump on it throughout the day. In the past three weeks, though, four different people have complained to me that they’ve been ambushed… ambushed by my digital copy of the Book of Mormon. Most recently it was my partner-mentor who said he’d just been rocking out to a little Wolfmother when, before he knew it, he was three minutes into something called the Words of Mormon. While I can’t honestly claim that I set out to digitally proselytize, I relish the thought of unknowning colleagues stumbling across Nephi, Alma, or Moroni and listening to several chapters before they’re any the wiser. It’s literally kept me amused for weeks. Question is…. does this count as missionary work?
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Recommended NT Resources, part 3: History and Commentary
- Ardis E. Parshall: Oh, duh, sorry. I guess I was so eager to get to the book list that I...
- Ben S.: Thanks JMS. I’d heard good things about the new manual, but hadn’t...
- Ardis E. Parshall: I didn’t notice until I had already bought a couple of these...
- Jonathan Cavender: Josh: The Lord is a higher authority than the Prophet, therefore...
- Josh Smith: Johnathan, I’m interested in the idea of “obedience to a higher...
- Jonathan Cavender: Josh: You are not getting annoying, I assure you. However, I believe...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | November 26 November 26, 2014
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 26 November 2014 November 26, 2014
- Mormons Join Christians Around the World to Celebrate the Bible November 25, 2014
- The Voice of Religious Conscience November 25, 2014
- Church to Send Email Messages to Members Worldwide November 25, 2014
- Violin Phenom Lindsey Stirling to Live Chat Online with Mormon Youth November 24, 2014
July 29, 2008 | 26 commentsBy Marc Bohn