So my colleagues have caught on to my secret plan to convert them all. A slew of us share our music libraries on our company network through iTunes. My library is decently large so a lot of my co-workers jump on it throughout the day. In the past three weeks, though, four different people have complained to me that they’ve been ambushed… ambushed by my digital copy of the Book of Mormon. Most recently it was my partner-mentor who said he’d just been rocking out to a little Wolfmother when, before he knew it, he was three minutes into something called the Words of Mormon. While I can’t honestly claim that I set out to digitally proselytize, I relish the thought of unknowning colleagues stumbling across Nephi, Alma, or Moroni and listening to several chapters before they’re any the wiser. It’s literally kept me amused for weeks. Question is…. does this count as missionary work?
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Guest Post- Taking Six Years to Teach the Book of MormonShe Shall Be An Ensign
- Cat: Just to make sure I don’t seem like a doom and gloomer, I did just finish...
- Cat: I love this idea. I hope it will become main stream and that Ardis’ work pays...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites May 26, 2015 May 22, 2015
- War of 1812, End of Civil War 150th Anniversary Commemorated May 22, 2015
- Church to Monitor BSA Policy Discussion May 21, 2015
- Church Dedicates Córdoba Argentina Temple May 17, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 13 May 2015 May 13, 2015
- BYU–Hawaii's Board of Trustees Announces New President May 12, 2015
July 29, 2008 | 26 commentsBy Marc Bohn