So my colleagues have caught on to my secret plan to convert them all. A slew of us share our music libraries on our company network through iTunes. My library is decently large so a lot of my co-workers jump on it throughout the day. In the past three weeks, though, four different people have complained to me that they’ve been ambushed… ambushed by my digital copy of the Book of Mormon. Most recently it was my partner-mentor who said he’d just been rocking out to a little Wolfmother when, before he knew it, he was three minutes into something called the Words of Mormon. While I can’t honestly claim that I set out to digitally proselytize, I relish the thought of unknowning colleagues stumbling across Nephi, Alma, or Moroni and listening to several chapters before they’re any the wiser. It’s literally kept me amused for weeks. Question is…. does this count as missionary work?
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- I was a stranger, and ye took me in
- Jax: Again, wreddyornot, I have no problem with the compassion/charity taking place. I...
- wreddyornot: Jax, thanks for sharing your mission experience and essentially making the...
- Jax: Brian, Your asking for a personal experience that relates to an...
- Ryan: Sorry for the Typos. Here is an example of a LDS centric scholarship at the UofU...
- rl: I’m not sure the Church wants to totally replace effective US systems that...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 1 August August 1, 2014
- Missionaries Serving in Two African Nations are Re-Assigned August 1, 2014
- Public Invited to Tour Newly Remodeled Ogden Utah Temple July 29, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 23 July 2014 July 23, 2014
- FamilySearch Volunteers Break International Indexing Record July 23, 2014
- Mormon Youth in Utah Host Special Needs Pioneer Trek July 22, 2014
July 29, 2008 | 26 commentsBy Marc Bohn