So my colleagues have caught on to my secret plan to convert them all. A slew of us share our music libraries on our company network through iTunes. My library is decently large so a lot of my co-workers jump on it throughout the day. In the past three weeks, though, four different people have complained to me that they’ve been ambushed… ambushed by my digital copy of the Book of Mormon. Most recently it was my partner-mentor who said he’d just been rocking out to a little Wolfmother when, before he knew it, he was three minutes into something called the Words of Mormon. While I can’t honestly claim that I set out to digitally proselytize, I relish the thought of unknowning colleagues stumbling across Nephi, Alma, or Moroni and listening to several chapters before they’re any the wiser. It’s literally kept me amused for weeks. Question is…. does this count as missionary work?
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Magic and Mechanisms
- Nate: Great post Nathaniel! I believe the existence of plates and angels helped Joseph and...
- Martin James: Mary Ann, Wow. That was a well thought out reply and I appreciate it. I...
- Mary Ann: Why is CZ or glass valued less than diamonds? To the naked eye, CZ & glass...
- Julie M. Smith: Re #37: please be careful not to conflate the idea that women are...
- Raymond Takashi Swenson: I watched the program with my wife, daughter, and granddaughters....
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Church Provides Preview of Historic Site Under Construction in Pennsylvania September 29, 2014
- Church Hosts Second General Women’s Meeting for Women and Girls September 27, 2014
- Pew: Religion Losing Influence in America September 24, 2014
- Church History Museum Closes for Interior Renovation September 24, 2014
- Exhibit Highlights Women in the Scriptures September 24, 2014
- Church Members Look Forward to Second General Women’s Meeting September 24, 2014
July 29, 2008 | 26 commentsBy Marc Bohn