Bloggerstone

June 30, 2007 | 17 comments

Some familiar names appear in the preliminary program for the upcoming Sunstone symposium.

For example, Kristine Haglund will be speaking on parenting, gender, and equality. Matt Thurston will talk about religious movies. Margaret Young will speak with Darius Gray. Very good; all very good.

But who’s that over in panel #233?

Sheesh. They let all sorts of riff-raff speak at this thing, don’t they?

17 Responses to Bloggerstone

1. Ardis Parshall on June 30, 2007 at 5:47 pm

Did those gentlemen obtain the permission and approval of their Bloggernacle quorum before accepting appointment?

2. Guy Murray on June 30, 2007 at 6:08 pm

More importantly . . will you all be wearing White shirts and ties??

3. Kristine on June 30, 2007 at 6:11 pm

Also, there will be a bloggersnacker on Friday the 10th–check the one true blog for details to be announced soon!

4. paula on June 30, 2007 at 6:20 pm

And if you are going from out of town and have no relatives in Utah, you probably needed to get hotel reservations awhile ago. But get them now if you didn’t. There’s a big outdoor show in town at the same time, and places book up quickly.

5. Mark IV on June 30, 2007 at 8:15 pm

I noticed that some guys named Ostler and Barney are on the program.

6. Margaret Young on June 30, 2007 at 9:43 pm

Yes. I will be wearing a white shirt and tie.

7. Kevin Barney on June 30, 2007 at 10:32 pm

Hotel rooms are definitely going to be a problem this year. I’m at the Sheraton starting on Thursday, but I’ll have to stay across the street at the Best Western on Wednesday. I think by now the hotel is totally booked. If you call the Sunstone office, they can help you locate accomodations.

I see they stuck me in the last session, which is just as well; I was worried I would be up against something I really wanted to see myself, but I’m happy enough with that slot (although my preference would have been to get it over with earlier). (I’m presenting for the same reason I did last year; Dan Wotherspoon saw I was registered and twisted my arm to be on a panel.)

It looks like there’s lots of good stuff. The Bloggernacle panel looks interesting. I’ll look forward to seeing many of you there.

8. Guy Murray on June 30, 2007 at 10:41 pm

Margaret Young wrote:

Yes. I will be wearing a white shirt and tie.

Now that would be worth the trip.

9. Aaron Brown on July 1, 2007 at 2:19 am

I hear people who go to Sunstone always end up losing their testimonies, so I don’t think you guys should go.

Aaron B

10. Aaron Brown on July 1, 2007 at 2:20 am

Also, since there are apparently no hotels, Matt Evans, CAN I STAY AT YOUR HOUSE?

Aaron B

11. Adam Greenwood on July 1, 2007 at 3:24 am

Correlation is not causation, Aaron B.

12. Kristine on July 1, 2007 at 8:55 am

Aaron, we’re all staying at Matt’s. It’s a sleepover bloggersnacker!

13. Susan M on July 1, 2007 at 9:39 am

I might be in SLC/Provo that week. If I’m not going to Sunstone, can I still go to the bloggersnacker?

14. John Dehlin on July 1, 2007 at 10:42 am

Susan (and everyone),

PLEASE come!!!!! Absolutely. And I speak from some (small) authority on the matter.

Just please RSVP so we can get an accurate count.

15. Kaimi Wenger on July 1, 2007 at 1:57 pm

11,

And sometimes, it’s not even correlation . . .

16. Eve on July 1, 2007 at 2:19 pm

I’ve been fairly disenchanted with Sunstone in recent years, but so much in this program looks good. I wish I could be there so that I could sit quietly at the back of the room and observe all of you famous T&S and BCCers and Mormon Storiers live.

17. John Dehlin on July 1, 2007 at 3:02 pm

Eve,

I understand your disenchantment. Just like with the church (and with ourselves) the folks at Sunstone have had their own highs and lows….triumphs and mistakes.

The good news is, we’re working to make things better at Sunstone every day….and I’m very encouraged by the new direction/vision/plan (that will soon be announced).

More soon! So excited to see some of you in SLC!!!!!!