The trailer is now online for PBS’s up-coming documentary extravaganza on “The Mormons.” You’ll be happy to know that the Bloggernacle had a bit part in the series’ production. Two or three years ago I received a somewhat odd telephone call from a woman who informed me that she was doing research for a PBS documentary on the Mormons. She said that she had been Googling “Mormons” and had come across Times & Seasons and other Mormon blogs. Could I talk. There followed a series of telephone conversations and email exchanges that stretched over a couple of months. The researcher had clearly been reading the blogs, and asked me questions on a number of posts that I had written, as well as discussions that she had read on other blogs. As far as I know nothing explicitly from the Bloggernacle made it into the final product. (But perhaps I am wrong? Did any Mormon bloggers do on-camera interviews for the series?) On the other hand, we do seem to have been a “deep background” source. It will be fun to see what comes of it.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- A Letter From Salt Lake City
- Brad L: ABM (73), when you mention how there is a rising tide against religious beliefs,...
- mem: I believe Canada has had SSM for quite a while. Anyone know the Church’s...
- Josh Smith: Brad L, I’m glad someone looked up what actually happened in Coeur...
- Nate Oman: I actually agree with you about the difference between defending religious...
- Walter van Beek: Nate (13): Freedom is a complex concept, as it includes both absences and...
Notes From All Over
- VIDEO: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Performs Fourth of July Concert at West Point July 5, 2015
- Funeral Services Scheduled for President Boyd K. Packer July 4, 2015
- VIDEO: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Sings at Yankee Stadium on East Coast Tour July 4, 2015
- President Boyd K. Packer Dies At Age 90 July 3, 2015
- VIDEO: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Draws Large Crowds During East Coast Tour July 2, 2015
- Missionaries Serving in Some Missions No Longer Required to Wear Suit Coats July 2, 2015
PBS and the Bloggernacle
April 4, 2007 | 26 commentsBy Nate Oman