The trailer is now online for PBS’s up-coming documentary extravaganza on “The Mormons.” You’ll be happy to know that the Bloggernacle had a bit part in the series’ production. Two or three years ago I received a somewhat odd telephone call from a woman who informed me that she was doing research for a PBS documentary on the Mormons. She said that she had been Googling “Mormons” and had come across Times & Seasons and other Mormon blogs. Could I talk. There followed a series of telephone conversations and email exchanges that stretched over a couple of months. The researcher had clearly been reading the blogs, and asked me questions on a number of posts that I had written, as well as discussions that she had read on other blogs. As far as I know nothing explicitly from the Bloggernacle made it into the final product. (But perhaps I am wrong? Did any Mormon bloggers do on-camera interviews for the series?) On the other hand, we do seem to have been a “deep background” source. It will be fun to see what comes of it.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Women in General Conference: It’s Not a “Primary Voice”
- rah: I think your theory is interesting and deserves bringing some data to it. I bet that...
- peglam: We’ve heard i it, commented on it and deemed it condescending.
- mirrorrorrim: Hahaha, I love your spelled-out impression of Brother Nelson—it’s...
Notes From All Over
- Church Leaders Focus on Family and Service at General Women's Session March 28, 2015
- Two Faiths Find Common Ground at Vancouver, Washington Easter Concert March 27, 2015
- In a Game of Total Victory We All Lose March 27, 2015
- Church Shares 'Because He Lives' Easter Initiative March 27, 2015
- In Post-Storm Vanuatu, Mormons Quick to Rebuild March 27, 2015
- Annual General Conference Reaches Global Audience March 26, 2015
PBS and the Bloggernacle
April 4, 2007 | 26 commentsBy Nate Oman